Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 09:26 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Translation, Trump trying to save Mueller some face for having nothing against Trump for 18 months of from his merry band of Trump haters he hired.

Trump guilty only of winning against the wishes of the establishment (Repubs & Demonics).
If Trump is so innocent why does he protest so much about this investigation. An innocent person would say nothing and just let it play out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If Trump is so innocent why does he protest so much about this investigation. An innocent person would say nothing and just let it play out.
Every time a development gets announced, there's a tweet or something claiming victory because the revelation in question "proves NO COLLUSION!"

Old 03-10-2018, 09:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is an odd rationale by the poster your are referring to.

Mr. Trump, so it is reported, is interviewing an attorney that represented Bill Clinton during his impeachment proceedings; in short, an expert in such.

I also read that Mr. Ty Cobb is leaving Mr. Trump as counsel. Due to his, I guess, inexperience with such issues (or, to safeguard his license to practice law).

I happen to agree with Mr. Trump: hire (for once) a knowledgeable person. I have often stated here on CD my opinion as an attorney: Mr. Trump, quit Tweeting, quit talking, quit bragging, and hire competent people to represent you.

I am not a fan, by any means, of Donald Trump. However, the 'attorney side' of my personality hates to see a person foul their own nest. When I seek frank idiocy, I must speak out.

It has been discouraging, to say the least, to see posters defend Mr. Trump on literally all issues. I rejoiced in the Presidency of Mr. Obama, but even he did things I did not agree with.

My plea: If a Trump supporter herein wishes for any credibility, speak out when he does something you disagree with. It will not harm Mr. Trump, but it will give your opinion more credence herein. To see posters, for instance, having previously blasted Mr. Obama on tariffs, yet now proclaim Mr. Trumps, does harm to your reputation. To call out hypocrisy in Mr. Trump will not denigrate my opinion of you, but give your postings more weight.

Be consistent. If the number of executive orders by Obama offends you, then say the same for Trump.

Ah, such is life.
I've known a partner at one of the largest law firms in the world for about 20 years. He hasn't always been nice to one person I love, but he is one of the sharpest people I've ever encountered in my life. If I ever had an 'emergency situation' pop up that I didn't know how to handle (knock on wood...that hasn't happened), I would call him and then follow his advice. His time is worth his rate.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I wonder if they actually get paid...?
paid enough to afford steak for lunch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/u...tal-scoop.html

Old 03-10-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Coming this summer

via Imgflip Meme Generator
LOL.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Probably (at least partially) because of what he learned (about dealing with people) from Roy Cohn.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:01 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Translation, Trump trying to save Mueller some face for having nothing against Trump for 18 months of from his merry band of Trump haters he hired.
I wouldn't consider them Trump haters, just skilled professionals.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:05 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect. Your first statement is a generality that does not apply. We are talking about the legislative branch authorizing an investigation of the executive branch. The legislative branch of the government does not get to endlessly investigate the executive branch. Trump has the Constitutional right to ask them to wrap it up.

As for your example with accused rapist Bill Clinton. He had something to hide and got impeached for it. No wonder he didn't want it to end. That doesn't apply here. In fact it's proof enough, since you raised it that they have nothing on Trump like they did Clinton.
The “legislative branch” has been investigating Bill and Hillary Clinton since 1992. I don’t think they’ve stopped yet.

There is nothing in the Constitution that places a time constraint on investigations and there aren’t any “constitutional rights” for presidents. If there were such a “right”, Trump would have exerted it already.

YOU don’t know what Mueller has and what he doesn’t have. Trump doesn’t either, but he sure is terrified by the investigation.

I’ve read different sources that say Trump is considering hiring attorney Emmet Flood who represented Bill Clinton during his impeachment proceedings.

An innocent, fearless man would have no problem talking to Mueller. If there is no proof of wrongdoing then why the rush? If it’s a big nothing burger then let the investigation run its course. Trump and his electoral victory will validated beyond a shadow of a doubt. History will state that. Otherwise, doubts will remain especially since Trump is always defending Putin.

People have pleaded guilty, charges have been brought up against people who worked on the campaign. How can you ignore all that?

Old 03-10-2018, 10:07 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
POTUS lawyers know that he cannot tell the truth. Perjury a big problem.
Reportedly he is notorious for lying to his own lawyers, which makes the job only that much more difficult.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:08 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:

Trump guilty only of winning against the wishes of the establishment (Repubs & Demonics).
That’s a very poor translation. Post #35 is totally asinine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies