Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 07:03 AM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Oooh goody! A YouTube video and a link from the Conservative Treehouse!
MSNBC is a "Conservative Treehouse"?
My goodness, what do you consider moderate, Pravda or Mother Jones

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 07:05 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
The facts on Trumps proposal are far too hazy and change daily, first it was a blanket tariff then Canada and Mexico were excluded. His supporters are already crediting him for creating jobs without a concrete plan in place, details don't matter to some they will justify whatever he comes up with as being the greatest.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Another steelworker:

Steel Worker Thanks President Donald Trump "It Feels Like He's One of Us" (VIDEO)

I stand with American workers. I stand with Trump.

Interesting I work for a steel company and when I asked my boss about it I was told it's too early to tell what the ramifications could be. He said we're already running at full capacity at the moment and that we could raise our prices because of the tariffs. There is concern about lay offs and not being able to get steel in from us workers though.

With that said if I lose my job do I have the right to punch and or sue Trump for it??

Old 03-11-2018, 07:20 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Unions won't back Trump. And steel is not coming back.

You are probably correct that union leadership will back Democrats, but the members will back Trump.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:32 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Interesting I work for a steel company and when I asked my boss about it I was told it's too early to tell what the ramifications could be. He said we're already running at full capacity at the moment and that we could raise our prices because of the tariffs. There is concern about lay offs and not being able to get steel in from us workers though.

With that said if I lose my job do I have the right to punch and or sue Trump for it??
Punch him in the p***y!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:21 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Well that's exactly what Trump is doing right now, which is why he is taking fire from all sides.

Trump is putting workers first.
Midterms are in November. Those union workers in Pennsylvania & Ohio will have gotten tax cuts, wage increases, watched the steel industry come back to life & the D's will actively be protesting the Veteran's Day Parade when it's time to vote.

The D's don't want the workers. They call them uneducated, racist & deplorable. Brilliant strategy to get them to vote for you right? There's a reason they're probably going to run a 77 y/o Creepy Joe Biden in 2020. He's the only D left that anyone's ever heard of, who doesn't come across like he hates the working class.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You are probably correct that union leadership will back Democrats, but the members will back Trump.
As a member of a powerful union, I can tell you that we are making our leaders aware that if they continue to donate to the Democrats we will replace them. I'd say we're about 70% pro-Trump, 10% anti-Trump and 20% who don't vote. It's only a matter of time before the unions all vote GOP.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:30 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Midterms are in November. Those union workers in Pennsylvania & Ohio will have gotten tax cuts, wage increases, watched the steel industry come back to life & the D's will actively be protesting the Veteran's Day Parade when it's time to vote.

The D's don't want the workers. They call them uneducated, racist & deplorable. Brilliant strategy to get them to vote for you right? There's a reason they're probably going to run a 77 y/o Creepy Joe Biden in 2020. He's the only D left that anyone's ever heard of, who doesn't come across like he hates the working class.

You are getting way ahead of yourself on the tax cuts and tariffs, the tax cuts did give the economy a boost but we will see the net effect on the deficit. Praising tariffs is a bit premature unless you can tell me specifics which are in short supply.

I don't see the steel industry coming back to life, you are living in the past.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Oooh goody! A YouTube video and a link from the Conservative Treehouse! What’s the matter? Couldn’t find an anonymous blog or scrawl on a bathroom wall to source so you has to downgrade?
Yeah. Pass.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are getting way ahead of yourself on the tax cuts and tariffs, the tax cuts did give the economy a boost but we will see the net effect on the deficit. Praising tariffs is a bit premature unless you can tell me specifics which are in short supply.

I don't see the steel industry coming back to life, you are living in the past.
The average American doesn't care about a net effect on the deficit, which may or may not even be true. They care about saving $2500 a year in taxes. The Democrats know this, which is why they've been calling for tax cuts for the middle & working classes for decades & why they've had to work so hard to spin the tax cuts as a negative. First the tax cuts were going to make everyone pay more, then they were only going to be for the rich, then people realized they'd save an average of $2500 per family. No one outside of the most delusional Trump haters pays any attention to what Democrats say about the tax cuts anymore since they've been wrong every step of the way so far.

The steel industry will never come back to life? There have already been announcements of three facilities reopening or expanding, with 1800+ new jobs coming to the important swing states of Ohio & Pennsylvania. Due to automation, the steel industry will never be what it was in 1970, but it will get much bigger than it is currently. There's no reason we can't manufacture all of our own steel and export steel to boot. Going around telling swing state voters that their jobs will never come back is not a winning argument, but you're welcome to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies