Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 10:31 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This isn't 1776 any more. That "right" and the reasons for it have long passed. How many militias are there out there that you need to join ?

As for votes, no vote ever killed anyone, guns sure do. apples, oranges.
The Militia Act of 1903 established the national guard modern version.
So your also saying there is no need to have armed citizens.. Interesting. Because no country in the last 200 years has ever had a government disarm and take over their country via force.
You live in a small bubble don1945
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 10:33 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,119,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The Militia Act of 1903 established the national guard modern version.
So your also saying there is no need to have armed citizens.. Interesting. Because no country in the last 200 years has ever had a government disarm and take over their country via force.
You live in a small bubble don1945
I can name several first world countries with gun laws that did not result in civil war. To save you embarrassment, ill not list them.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Your girlfriend is disturbed if she is "thrilled" about more guns in our schools. I don't know a single teacher who likes the idea of more guns in the classroom. Your girlfriend is in the minority as most teachers realize this is a horrible idea. We want guns out of the schools, not more being brought in.
There is one dead teacher/coach from Florida that would have loved to have had his legal Concealed Carry weapon with him. And the term weapon is more than just guns.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:49 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
There is one dead teacher/coach from Florida that would have loved to have had his legal Concealed Carry weapon with him.
You know that for a fact? Did you know the guy personally to know his views on guns in schools?

Old 03-10-2018, 10:50 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I just thought of something. I bet a lot of these people who wear the second amendment like a badge of honor are also preppers. I bet a lot of them have more canned goods and bottled water than the local grocery store.
I do, but that's only because I live on what is essentially a sandbar and the roads frequently wash out and are impassable when we have tropical storms, hurricanes, nor'easters, etc. Also, when it snows, due to drifts created by coastal winds, the roads are closed for several days.

Incidentally, during this past winter which had extended cold spells, the main water line to my house was frozen for a week. No running water. I knew it was coming, and "GASP!" prepped for the issue and had enough extra to help my elderly neighbors.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
In NY it is advisable to keep canned goods during the winter as the occasional Noreaster may shut roads down combined with the fact nobody knows how to drive in inclement weather anymore...

It would also be wise to have canned goods, frozen food, and cases of water on hand a couple weeks worth in Florida for if a hurricane is forecasted you aren't fighting trying to get in to get stuff last minute... especially plywood...

Do you actually think things through before posting them?
I essentially just posted the same thing.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:54 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You can find their email addresses...
but you can't find their mission statement or about us...
Yes, I did find there about us page. Did you read it? It seems not, otherwise you wouldn't be confused about my post.

I'll link it so you can read it too.

https://sites.google.com/site/theflo...temen/about-us

Old 03-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I can name several first world countries with gun laws that did not result in civil war. To save you embarrassment, ill not list them.
Civil War. Ghey term. Has nothing to do with this.
Bosnia, Serbia have had ethnic cleansing, and people were disarmed by government troops.
And here are some more, Russia, China, Germany, Cambodia, and most of Africa have had, and still have mass slaughters after disarming their people. Hell, South America isnt looking so good now is it, Venezuela for example.
Go ahead, say Norway.....lol
And England and Australians still are allowed to have guns, they are just more restricted.
Canada is pretty conservative too.
Your turn

Old 03-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
We don't have a gun problem in this country?
No, we don't. Time to post the actual statistics, again...

As gun ownership increased by 50% over the last 20 years, gun homicides have DECREASED by 50%.

And as gun ownership increased by 50% over the last 20 years, nonfatal violent crimes DECREASED by 76%.

Info and data sources in this post in another thread:

Post #240

Old 03-10-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You know that for a fact? Did you know the guy personally to know his views on guns in schools?
I know his best man at his wedding.
He, the coach carried concealed lawfully. But the Federal laws written, by Biden and signed by Bush Sr, wont allow weapons in schools. He abided by the law.
If he had been allowed he would have stopped that kid. He was that type of guy. But, since he couldnt, he got in front of the kid shooting to save others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies