Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 01:37 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
WOW... it just fell into his lap huh?

Obama created the tax cuts and the roaring economy too I'd bet.

Energizer bunnies beating drums.

Lately, the left remind me of those people who walk aimlessly down a street arguing with themselves out loud.

Nah, that's a better characterization of the White House staff.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:59 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Trump won't make the same mistakes his predecessors made. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, expecting a different result. I was laughing at the presstitutes offering advice to Trump on the Sunday morning political shows. They know better than he does, of course. They are also demanding to know WHERE this will take place, incredulous nothing has been planned yet.

The Loony Left only cares about process. Trump cares about RESULTS.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:10 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Even if Donald Trump has success with NK the media and the liberals would never give him any credit. They just can't stand the thought that he could accomplish something Obama and others couldn't.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:34 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Even on the rare occasions when a victory falls into his lap, Trump finds a way to foul it up. He and his staff are putting conditions on North Korea about "denuclearizing', before they will arrange a meeting, that was unexpectedly offered by them, through representatives from South Korea. If you read all the way through this linked article, it explains how the North Koreans anticipated Trump's stubborn and demanding attitude and will use it to score a victory for themselves.
If the meeting is not about denuking, what do you think the subject of the meeting should be? Basketball?
Whether the meeting takes place or not, Kim's regime is doomed....
When sanctions are shrinking your economy by one-third, your days are numbered.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:33 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
This proposed meeting makes me wonder why Barack Obama's opening up to Cuba wasn't met with such positive enthusiasm by conservatives. It's the same strategy isn't it? Simply doing something different than what hasn't worked in generations. Thanks Obama!

Old 03-12-2018, 06:02 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
According to this article, the 'press' in North Korea has been mum about any upcoming summit meeting:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...l&utm_medium=6

Now, it probably means nothing, since the article points out that it can take days before the NK press reports such things. It was interesting to note that a 'pro-NK' paper in Japan had reported the news, then deleted it.

One could surmise that NK does not want to make such an announcement if there is a possibility that it falls through. Or, if NK has no intention on taking part in such a meeting.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:32 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
Why should we pay any attention to these NPR experts? What has their expertise accomplished? If they had any self-respect they would hand in their expert certificates and admit they're worthless.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:04 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Why should we pay any attention to these NPR experts? What has their expertise accomplished? If they had any self-respect they would hand in their expert certificates and admit they're worthless.
Well ... we are about to take that same non-expertise tact with Korea. No ambassador in place ... the chief negotiator for N. Korea now retired ... no assistant Secretary at State ... a blindsided Secretary of State ... support state positions not filled.

Lack of expertise is good why?

Old 04-19-2018, 11:01 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
An update:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/asia/...ntl/index.html

According to the President of South Korea, the Leader of North Korea has dropped the long-held condition that, before there can be any agreement, the United States must withdraw its troops.

There is an old saying: Distrust the person that rejects all of your demands during negotiations. Yet, also distrust the person that accepts all of your demands.

Of course, I am hopeful that the sanctions imposed by President Trump, helped by China, is truly putting the screws to North Korea. As I have noted before, I would not be surprised if this young leader, whom likes many Western things (including, oddly to me, basketball), wants to rejoin the 'world of nations' so that he can travel freely throughout the world, enjoying all that is available to very rich dictators. Oh, and perhaps be able to feed his people.

We must recall that, traditionally, Leaders do not actually hold their 'summit meetings' until agreements have been already reached. The summit meetings are a formality and photo op. If the meeting between Mr. Trump and the NK leader takes place, the negotiations should be already wrapped up. Mr. Trump may speak of how he would simply 'get up and walk away' if things don't go his way, but that is probably bravado. I can't imagine Mr. Trump sitting down with the NK leader (I can't recall his name) to actually 'negotiate' anything.

At least, so I hope. It is well known that Mr. Trump responds very well to flattery, a quirk that the leaders of the world have taken note of. If any agreement is not already reached, whom knows what Mr. Trump would agree to in a face-to-face, if 'rocket man' lays the flattery on thick.

Anyway, if a good agreement can be done, I would applaud Mr. Trump to the sky, as would all rational people.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:23 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump won't make the same mistakes his predecessors made. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, expecting a different result. I was laughing at the presstitutes offering advice to Trump on the Sunday morning political shows. They know better than he does, of course. They are also demanding to know WHERE this will take place, incredulous nothing has been planned yet.

The Loony Left only cares about process. Trump cares about RESULTS.
How will we know if the desired results happened? Is Trump some sort of expert in foreign policy, has he negotiated treaties with other countries? Does he 'know' more than diplomats like he 'knows' more than generals?

Will NK let inspectors in the country to check out the nuclear weapons? What if NK already has nuclear capability and is just pretending not to when it 'tests' weapons in public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies