Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 12:56 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Massacres are the least of our problems.

Got it?
No I don`t and neither do the people who have been involved in massacres whether it be a church, school, concert, mall, etc. It`s terrorism, not death by natural causes. People don`t seem to mind as long as the shooter is a native born white guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 01:09 PM

125 posts, read 183,543 times
All you smartasses saying ban fatty foods or heart attacks are making an incredibly terrible comparison to the "ban guns" debate. Heart attacks are not violent crimes against unsuspecting people going about their day. The only way it would be a fair comparison is if guns didn't kill or injure a single person other than the person using it. To compound this, gun deaths are typically either "accidental" or a violent death/murder.

I don't recall anyone ever accidentally eating themselves to death or murdering another person by themselves having a heart attack. I guess it's possible to eat your self to death on accident if a person is really that uneducated but I mean if people that dumb really exist in this world, I can't say letting them own guns is a good idea. And yet they do.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:15 PM

125 posts, read 183,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nothing I can do about it so no, not worried. Less than 1/10th of 1%
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US, with an average of 614,348 people dying of it annually. With 323 million people in the US, that equates to only 0.0019% of the population. So by your **** poor logic, it must be no big deal at all? Over a million people die of it every year but **** em because we can convert it into a percentage, making it seem like a microscopic number.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username00 View Post
The only way it would be a fair comparison is if guns didn't kill or injure a single person other than the person using it. To compound this, gun deaths are typically either "accidental" or a violent death/murder.
Are you in favor of disarming the police, the Secret Service, the DEA, ATF, FBI, CIA, FDA, USDA, ICE, Homeland Security, and all other government employees, in addition to abolishing the military?

Because if not, you're a hypocrite.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:17 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yep. Getting murdered with a gun doesn't even come close to the top ten causes of death.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php
The difference being that with heart disease, unless it is congenital, you have full control over it. With a gunman, not so much.

Thread fail.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:18 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
The UK did. Only the SWAT teams and specially trained units have firearms. The UK has had no mass shootings on over 20 years.

Not a coincidence.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:00 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The difference being that with heart disease, unless it is congenital, you have full control over it. With a gunman, not so much.

Thread fail.
4 of my friends were killed in 1 felled swoop at the hands of a drunk driver the night after highschool graduation coming home from a concert.

They had 0 control over a drunk missing a turn and hitting them at over 80mph...
Physics, booze, and 1 drunk won that night.
I didnt, and dont, hold Ford accountable with the logic of nobody needs an Excursion capable of high speed.
I didn't hold VW accountable for making the GTI (a compact hatchback) incapable of protecting the passengers...
Nor do I hold contempt for Budweiser or hold them accountable.
That drunk on the other hand...

With a gunman, if you yourself are armed you have a chance to defend yourself.

Astonishing the attitude of this country has gone from land of the free home of brave, to land of the feeble, home of the nanny state advocates...

Old 03-10-2018, 02:09 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Somehow, this is not a comfort. I'm pretty sure I'd rather go out like a mafiosa where the lights go out all at once instead of lingering on in a hospital with chest pain and difficulty breathing for months.
Neither the means of our death nor the day of it is under our control.
Here's guy who did everything right for his health but . . .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Prefontaine

Old 03-10-2018, 02:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The UK did. Only the SWAT teams and specially trained units have firearms. The UK has had no mass shootings on over 20 years.

Not a coincidence.
I am completely in favor of disarming police. But I would abolish SWAT teams as well, since they have a known history of abuse and negligent homicide.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:16 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Death by burger, has got to be infinitely more desirable than death by bullet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies