Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 02:40 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,009,680 times

Advertisements

He should have paid for sex at a place that did not engage in illegal trafficking. Then he would not have been a hypocrite. When the girls can't speak a lick of English, that should be a hint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 02:42 PM

39,170 posts, read 27,558,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
He should have paid for sex at a place that did not engage in illegal trafficking. Then he would not have been a hypocrite.
I think if he knew these women were forced, then he would have been a hypocrite. Maybe he didn't know.

What if a woman slept with a married man without knowing it, does it make a woman Homewrecker?

Old 03-11-2018, 02:43 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How do they pay for that? I don't even want to think about it.

It seems there are some people who just cannot be alone. You're right - at what point does a person look in the mirror and say, 'Maybe it's me.....'
They’ve done pretty well in life financially....but still, not so well after that second divorce. God forbid that child support is involved.

These are smart guys EXCEPT when it comes to matters of the heart. I’ve told them several times to get girlfriends and avoid walking down aisles...most won’t listen. I’ve told them that it ain’t cool to joke around about being married 3 and 4 times. It actually pathetic, not funny.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:45 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think if he knew these women were forced, then he would have been a hypocrite. Maybe he didn't know.

What if a woman slept with a married man without knowing it, does it make a woman Homewrecker?
If they can barely speak English, that’s a pretty blatant clue.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:49 PM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Surely you're not suggesting that paying for sex, while illegal in TX, is something a egregious as human trafficking, are you?

One has nothing to do with the other. He didn't kidnap anyone, both were consenting adults, and his only crime was paying for sex.

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to do with a thread like this.
The only "crime" was getting caught.

Yes 2 consenting adults vs forcing someone to be a slave. Only one of those should be illegal.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:52 PM

39,170 posts, read 27,558,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If they can barely speak English, that’s a pretty blatant clue.
Yep! you are right.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,538 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
Surely you're not suggesting that paying for sex, while illegal in TX, is something a egregious as human trafficking, are you?

One has nothing to do with the other. He didn't kidnap anyone, both were consenting adults, and his only crime was paying for sex.

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to do with a thread like this.
The article says the women were forced to do it. So they we're human slaves , not self employed prostitutes.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:43 PM

29,209 posts, read 22,333,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If he was fighting human sex trafficking, he was doing the right thing, regardless of what he did at this massage parlor. I understand what you're saying, but his stand against trafficking was the right thing to do.
Even if the girl in the massage parlor was trafficked?

It does not balance. Permitting a wrong is always damaging the right thing. The only way to balance doing a right thing is to practice the right thing yourself first.

If you fail because of human weakness, then the only balance that can be found is in attempting to correct your personal wrong first before you try to correct it in others.

That's the only support solid enough to hold you upright in the quicksand of hypocrisy.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,862,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It's funny that those pointing their self-righteous fingers everyone and telling people what to believe, they are the one's who should be pointing that same finger at themselves.
I'm going to agree with you that there are self-righteous Christian hypocrites, but liberals dislike the ones who aren't just the same or more. And it's not as if just Christians are self-righteous hypocrites.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,586,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The article says the women were forced to do it. So they we're human slaves , not self employed prostitutes.
I've found pastors to be either incredibly slimy and savvy or incredibly naïve and unworldly. This one doesn't sound like he's in the former group or he would have gone a different route to have sex. I wouldn't assume he should have suspected these women were doing this against their will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They’ve done pretty well in life financially....but still, not so well after that second divorce. God forbid that child support is involved.

These are smart guys EXCEPT when it comes to matters of the heart. I’ve told them several times to get girlfriends and avoid walking down aisles...most won’t listen. I’ve told them that it ain’t cool to joke around about being married 3 and 4 times. It actually pathetic, not funny.
It's not only pathetic, but what woman in her right mind would take a chance on someone with such a poor track record, except women who were only interested in a meal ticket? Pretty sad any way you look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies