Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 01:24 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times

Advertisements

One of of my FB friends is a proud Democrat. On her Wall, she said the following (for the purposes of privacy, I will only refer to the following people by their initials. This lady is "CM".

CM said: "Roseanne canceled. Rightfully so. Trump gloated about her show in March saying it was a show about them, meaning Trump and his supporters. Well, I hope it's a sign that we're ready to cancel hate, to cancel ignorance, to cancel Trump.

I said "if a channel is going to cancel a reboot of a show because of horrendous remarks the conservative star tweeted/said, then they should apply the same practice to at least one of their shows starring a liberal." However, a few people were correct in being called out as far which specific ABC TV show the above quote would apply to. Likely having said that above statement out of ignorance, I said "I was making an assumption, so I don't know."

DF (CM's husband) notes that I am still using and failing with using the "other side is just as bad as my side" card. So, I ask him "let's say I was to look at the shows in ABC's history even back when they started out in radio. What things would I have to look for to find a 'racist liberal' commentary outside of perhaps anti-White comments?"

-He says "How should I know? I'm sure you can find a few random incidents that fit what you're asking.
And the rebuttal would be thousands and thousands of examples of why my point is correct.. All people are awful in general sure.. Republicans, Conservatives, the Far Right, GOP, Trump supporters.. whatever you want to call them.. Are clearly, obviously the more racist, more sexist, more biased, bigger liars, that only care about themselves. Which primarily includes white males..

To the people that respond to this, especially the extremely Democratic members, was he right in saying the GOP "are clearly, obviously the more racist, more sexist, more biased, bigger liars, that only care about themselves."? Also, who is a notable liberal star on a current or past ABC show that has made Roseanne-style controversial statements that got them or almost got them fired?

I don't deny there are lot of racist/sexist statements coming from many GOP members. However, depending on the issue, the same applies to various members of the DNC. A main reason for this thread is because it's personal to me: I have been been posting in various CM's threads since she friended be in January. Just for once, I would like to make a post in an upcoming thread that is a post that cannot be easily criticized, rebutted, or given a counterpoint. In other words, it's one of those "I have the last laugh for the time being"-type threads.

The FB thread is in this link: bit.ly/2LJhC0d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 01:30 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
this is probably not the best place to look for guidance on facebook counterpointing.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:33 PM

20,463 posts, read 12,392,439 times
im confused.

and Roseanne isn't a conservative.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
TL;DR: was an FB Wall post by a guy that said the "Republicans, Conservatives, the Far Right, GOP, Trump supporters.. whatever you want to call them.. Are clearly, obviously the more racist, more sexist, more biased, bigger liars, that only care about themselves. Which primarily includes white males.." a valid point? Also, who is a notable liberal star on a current or past ABC show that has made Roseanne-style controversial statements that got them or almost got them fired?

Old 05-30-2018, 01:48 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
im confused.

and Roseanne isn't a conservative.
Roseanne is about as far left as you can go. She ran for president on the Green Party ticket with dingbat Cindy Sheehan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies