Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 10:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times

Advertisements

Terrorism is based on an ideology. From what I’ve tead, he didn’t have one. He was more like a serial killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 10:55 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Terrorism requires that the acts be in furtherance of political gains:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/terrorist

Old 03-21-2018, 11:38 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,455,557 times
Has no one considered the possibility that he chose the houses/neighborhoods based on whether they were more or less likely to have security cameras? And the possibility that he didn't even know who lived there--just that there were no cameras to catch him leaving the package?

Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Here are some random thoughts based upon what we think we know (what we have been told) to date.

• A BLM supporter semi-activist goes to Detroit and "Randomly" sends package bombs to peoples homes. He picks different neighborhoods. The packages were delivered on different days. The first two victims were white, the next victim was a Chaldean. Then the packages were left at locations that did not appear to specifically target anyone, and two black persons were hurt by the blast. Would white America think this was racially motivated? FYI...Detroit 83% black, 8% white.
  • Today, in America, its rare that a white person considers themselves a racist. In fact, thinking negatively about black people is often seen as "Realism" and not racism, especially from the political right. Truth cannot be racist, is the often unspoken mantra. People will simply point you to statistics as the bases for their negative views and why they see police killings of blacks as most often justified. You can read any forum and witness people with total contempt and disgust for black people, but who never use the N word, never say they hate and who vehemently reject the claim that they are racist. Ergo, neo-racism is seeing blacks negatively, implying blacks are inferior, ect, but doing it in a way that does not sound traditionally racist and never making any obvious racial proclamations such as "I hate these people".
  • The bomber likely did not see himself as a racist....and most racist these days don't. Like most people, being labeled or seen as a racist is almost akin to being seen as a pedophile. Its seen as something morally repugnant (which is why racist must rationalize their beliefs as TRUTHS and fact based so they don't see themselves as racist). Hence, after the first few bombings, the media started hinting and seeing the attacks as racially/hate motivated. The bomber, watching the news, then seen that people were defining him as a racist and label that he rejected and did not like (like most people do not like to be labeled racist). At that point he engages in reverse psychology by doing the opposite.
  • The police do not KNOW his motive, meaning that the bomber did not proclaim a motive. However, there is enough evidence for a PROBABLE motive, which the police, being responsible, will not say because its speculation and not facts.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
All the reports I see on the news from neighbors and high school friends are saying "he was a nice, quiet kid." "We're all in shock, we never saw this coming." That's great, and all. But obviously you didn't know this young man for who he truly is.

The cops say his 25-minute confession video is him talking about how hard his life was and difficulties he dealt with. Cry me a river. There are millions of Americans that "had it rough" and didn't grow up to send bomb packages and murder people.

I am glad he is dead and I hope he burns in hell for eternity.

Last edited by NeutralParty; 03-22-2018 at 06:54 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 06:48 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
So they aren't releasing his 25 minute communist manifesto, eh? I wonder why...

Old 03-22-2018, 06:57 AM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So they aren't releasing his 25 minute communist manifesto, eh? I wonder why...
It wasn't going to be communist.

Y'know, it's really funny, you could have one of these mass murderers or bombers or whatever come out and say he is a huge fan of Donald Trump and publicly confess he's a hard-line conservative who agrees with the entire republican platform, and yet some of the cons here would still come around telling everyone he's an ANTIFA leftist radical.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
All the reports I see on the news from neighbors and high school friends are saying "he was a nice, quiet kid." "We're all in shock, we never saw this coming." That's great, and all. But obviously you didn't know this young man for who he truly is.

The cops say his 25-minute confession video is him talking about how hard his life was and difficulties he dealt with. Cry me a river. There are millions of Americans that "had it rough" and didn't grow up to send bomb packages and murder people.

I am glad he is dead and I hope he burns in hell for eternity.

In the interview at the mothers door, she said his friends had gone dark and taken him down the wrong path.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:58 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
sometimes there isn't a motive for evil acts. some people are evil. I think this serial bomber was an evil person.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
sometimes there isn't a motive for evil acts. some people are evil. I think this serial bomber was an evil person.
BS. There is always a motive. This guy was on his computer researching addresses on google. The police said as much. His actions are not as random as people are making it seem. However, without a confession and without a paper trail of his beliefs.....everything becomes speculation. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies