Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 03:21 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Indeed--i could never figure WHY Hillary would want to be POTUS..she is clearly an out of touch elitist with no connection to the common folk. She acts like anytime she is asked to do something, she looks annoyed and put out. The recent election proved that she wanted the job without any effort at all to connect to the rubes she hoped to lead..
Control.

Remember, one of Bill's women recalled that one of Bill's monikers for Hillary was 'The Sarge' .

Old 03-22-2018, 07:25 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Control.

Remember, one of Bill's women recalled that one of Bill's monikers for Hillary was 'The Sarge' .
I don’t get it. All of you hate Hillary because she is a “Take Charge” type. Yet here is Trump twice imposing tariffs, making noises about starting a war with North Korea, and dumping the Paris Accord, and replacing most of his top staff. Now I’m sure you think these things—although not in the best interest of our country—are wonderful “take charge” accomplishments. Wow, I bet you think he is great for doing all this. OK for Trump to be “bold” but not for Hillary. Maybe some male chauvinism going on?

Old 03-23-2018, 12:30 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
We dodged a bullet with her.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:37 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I don’t get it. All of you hate Hillary because she is a “Take Charge” type. Yet here is Trump twice imposing tariffs, making noises about starting a war with North Korea, and dumping the Paris Accord, and replacing most of his top staff. Now I’m sure you think these things—although not in the best interest of our country—are wonderful “take charge” accomplishments. Wow, I bet you think he is great for doing all this. OK for Trump to be “bold” but not for Hillary. Maybe some male chauvinism going on?
In no particular order of importance:

1. Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'. Everyone who doesn't like Hillary and/or is critical of her isn't a Trump supporter, a Republican, or either. I'm not a Republican, not a Tump voter, nor a Trump supporter. I don't even like Trump. I don't have to defend what Trump does, nor what any Republican does, any more than you do.

2. Referring to Hillary as 'The Sarge' isn't something that I made up/got any public attribution for. It is a moniker that has been attributed to have been used ABOUT HILLARY by HER OWN HUSBAND.

3. If you don't think that part of the reason Hillary wants to be President is an internally self serving desire for control then, IMO, and I imagine the opinion of many others, you are deluding yourself.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:36 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Hillary Clinton was the true meaning of "racist"

Old 03-23-2018, 04:45 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian_investor View Post
What she said is not very far off...his supporters would rather starve themselves than see black or any other minority person do well in life.

They would rather see the entire economy destroyed than minorities prosper.
That's quite a broad brush you paint with there....Trump got 62 million or so votes.... so are all 62 million of them a racist in your mind? Do tell.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:24 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
What she said is not very far off...his supporters would rather starve themselves than see black or any other minority person do well in life.

Oh, for pete's sake... That doesn't even make any sense.

If minorities were to prosper, that would mean that they wouldn't be so highly disproportionately enrolled in public assistance programs anymore, so they'd stop taking $$$$$ out of everyone else's paychecks.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:26 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
and remember, things what you just said are what got Trump elected.
Also, Obama got elected because he was black. Talk about racism.

Quote:

Old 03-23-2018, 06:50 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and remember, things what you just said are what got Trump elected.
Also, Obama got elected because he was black. Talk about racism.
Obama got elected by a lot of white people, not because he was black but because people wanted change and were tired of Republican rule. My problem with his presidency, and it wasn’t really his fault, was that the media felt they could barely criticize an historic president and everyone who disagreed with him was called racist. To me, treating him different for fear of being called racist is itself an act of racism. It implies that he’s extra special and above reproach that other presidents would have simply because of his race. He was given a handicap.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Obama got elected by a lot of white people, not because he was black but because people wanted change and were tired of Republican rule. My problem with his presidency, and it wasn’t really his fault, was that the media felt they could barely criticize an historic president and everyone who disagreed with him was called racist. To me, treating him different for fear of being called racist is itself an act of racism. It implies that he’s extra special and above reproach that other presidents would have simply because of his race. He was given a handicap.
He was given a MUCH lower bar to clear. It's called the "soft" bigotry of low expectations, and the MSM was by far the most guilty of that bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies