Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 07:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Debt is good... What happened to Keynesian Democrats? You don't believe in it anymore after Obama left...
Keynesian theory says that during a time of economic growth, you practice austerity, we should be either increasing taxes OR cutting spending while things are good.

You deficit spend to get out of a recession

Old 03-12-2018, 07:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How exactly did you perform such search?

But since you kept complaining during Obama, then why are you mum now

Hypocritical much?

These tax cuts were just plain unnecessary. Dumb. Besides, Congress controls the purse, and GOP controlled the Congress 80% of Obamas time in office as they do now.

LOL, you just tacitly admitted that you didn't complain about debt under Obama, now under Trump you post a THREAD about it--and I'm the hypocrite?

I am not 'mum.' If Trump and the GOP does not address the debt, we will have to look elsewhere for leadership in DC, just as we did in the Bush-Lott-Hastert days. Do a search for 'wutitiz+spending binge,' and you will find my posts such as:
//www.city-data.com/forum/40440612-post9.html

Now who's the hypocrite?

Old 03-12-2018, 07:21 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
You can't build a factory overnight. Companies, including foreign ones are coming back. Be patient, my child.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:23 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Finn, I did a forum search for your posts complaining about how the debt doubled under Obama from 10 to 20 trillion. Whaddayaknow, I couldn't find one. I expect similar results for the other left-wing posters chiming in here.

Why do you guys even do this stuff? Any 5 year old can see through you. You just end up looking dumb.
Of course, the die hard liberals never gave a rat's behind about deficits before now. All of a sudden, it's a huge big deal to them. Wow, who would have thought? If you live long enough, you pretty much get to see everything. As it stands, rabid liberals are now fiscally conservative!!

Old 03-12-2018, 07:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Now who's the hypocrite?
You.

Furthermore, if you dont have anything to say about the topic, then don't say anything at all.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Of course, the die hard liberals never gave a rat's behind about deficits before now. All of a sudden, it's a huge big deal to them. Wow, who would have thought? If you live long enough, you pretty much get to see everything. As it stands, rabid liberals are now fiscally conservative!!
I am not liberal, let alone "die hard", and contrary to your claim I have always been concerned about debt. I was happy to see deficits being reduced, but now the direction it towards higher deficits, which you seem to embrace. I do not embrace it. Stimulating the economy during good economic times is stupid.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
I am not liberal, let alone "die hard", and contrary to your claim I have always been concerned about debt. I was happy to see deficits being reduced, but now the direction it towards higher deficits, which you seem to embrace. I do not embrace it. Stimulating the economy during good economic times is stupid.
Really? Every post I've seen of yours screams LIBERAL. Nice try though. I guess you can call yourself anything you want to. There's no law against that.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Really? Every post I've seen of yours screams LIBERAL. Nice try though. I guess you can call yourself anything you want to. There's no law against that.
Then list the views where I lean liberal, or stop making stuff up.

Abortion? Gun laws? Foreign policy? Gay marriage? What?

Trump is a raving idiot, but saying so does not make a person a liberal.

You can also call yourself anything you want. No one cares, or bothers to define your views for you.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:43 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Let Trump do to the US economy what Brownback did for the Kansas economy.

When it all comes tumbling down, Pubs will blames everyone but themselves. It is their way.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
LOL, you just tacitly admitted that you didn't complain about debt under Obama, now under Trump you post a THREAD about it--and I'm the hypocrite?

I am not 'mum.' If Trump and the GOP does not address the debt, we will have to look elsewhere for leadership in DC, just as we did in the Bush-Lott-Hastert days. Do a search for 'wutitiz+spending binge,' and you will find my posts such as:
//www.city-data.com/forum/40440612-post9.html

Now who's the hypocrite?

Quote:
You.

Furthermore, if you dont have anything to say about the topic, then don't say anything at all.

LMAO. It's been a long time since I've used the term, but you've been pwned. The topic is the debt, is it not? Notice the word 'debt' in lines 1 and 3 of my post??? Again, I showed you where I complained about GOP debt spending. I am not the hypocrite in this absurd thread.

It goes to show, conservatives are principled, liberals are partisan. Not always, but very often, as here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies