Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 08:39 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Do any of you have business experience? Ever work in a startup? Ever been part of a new division pushing a new product?

Trump is a businessman, not a politician. He doesn't think like a politician, that's why so many of us like him. Tillerson fought Trump's agenda...so he's out and Pompeo's in. Trump isn't going to let his SoS run roughshod over him the way Hillary did anything she wanted under Obama.

You libs just miss the feckless and ineffective no-drama-Obama.
And a businessman should not be hired to run a government. It should be blatantly obvious, though it apparently isn't to many, that the federal government is nothing like private enterprise. Trump is now a public servant. He works for us, not himself, a fact he and his supporters still fail to comprehend, and a big reason we are in the mess we're in now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 08:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
How long until we start having people in the WH with vaguely Russian accents?

The Russians accomplished EXACTLY what they wanted when they interfered with our election, and when they planted bots to spread dissension and discord , pitting Americans against Americans. If you look at the level of bitterness and bickering on just this forum, the Russians didn't have to fire a missile or fire a shot to weaken us from within.

I don't know if Donald Trump or his staff colluded with them intentionally. However, I strongly suspect that Putin, being the shrewd, devious person he is, looked at Donald Trump, vs Hillary, and made a decision to go with Trump because Trump had zero experience, did not understand how complex the world is, and had an abrasive attitude that would further divide us, as a country.

Trump was ripe for the picking, and, the fact that he has never come out and acknowledged that the Russians interfered only adds doubt to what team Trump is on. Even his own side has confirmed the Russians DID interfere, but Trump has been curiously silent, or even defending the Russians, saying he doesn't think they did anything.

The Russians have invaded America, not with planes and missiles, but via the internet, and we still do not have a program to address those attacks..........only because Trump will not get on board with it.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Mess with Trump your gonna get the bump.
I'm sure people said something similar about Joe McCarthy once. Not to mention George Wallace. Just to name two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
And a businessman should not be hired to run a government. It should be blatantly obvious, though it apparently isn't to many, that the federal government is nothing like private enterprise. Trump is now a public servant. He works for us, not himself, a fact he and his supporters still fail to comprehend, and a big reason we are in the mess we're in now.
To be fair, I must say that Harry Truman was a haberdasher before he ran the US government, although it is a stretch to compare him to even an officer or shareholder (let alone a CEO) of a huge enterprise. True, Trump himself is not the type of businessman to run a government, but I would be fine with a businessperson who clearly knows that governments and businesses have different roles (and hence goals) AND administered a government like they knew the difference. Too much to ask for in reality? Maybe so, maybe no.

That said, the role of business is to make a profit for their owners/shareholders. The role of government is to protect it's citizens from unjust or otherwise damaging practices by society's members, and arguably to fund projects that are a public good that the free market could never afford to undertake.

Last edited by Phil75230; 03-13-2018 at 08:56 PM..

Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Watching Hannity now and Sebastian Gorka said he was told in December by a cabinet member that Tillerson was going to be replaced by Pompeo. He isolated himself and separated appointees from regular State employees so was disliked.
So Gorka confirmed the "fake news" that anonymous sources reported back in December. Nice.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:52 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
My 12 year old understands just how insane this is.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:29 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Firing people via Twitter...this guy acts more like the stereotypical millennial caricature than any actual millennial I've ever known.. World leaders are supposed to respect this guy? lol

Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Swamp Thing - Deep State - Pompeo:
https://qz.com/1227882/secretary-of-...koch-brothers/

Old 03-13-2018, 10:03 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
You mean besides money laundering and prostitutes???? (only what I have heard, yada, yada, yada.) Old Teflon Don, horse manure rolls off his back like grease on a pig.

Tillerson has seemed like a great diplomat. He has gotten old Trump out of some jams.

Anyway what's new????? Trump is the one that needs to be fired. JMO.
That's a lot of steaming rhetoric. Can you back up some of that?

Old 03-13-2018, 10:42 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I don't know if Donald Trump or his staff colluded with them intentionally. However, I strongly suspect that Putin, being the shrewd, devious person he is, looked at Donald Trump, vs Hillary, and made a decision to go with Trump because Trump had zero experience, did not understand how complex the world is, and had an abrasive attitude that would further divide us, as a country.
I think you have forgotten the 2016. Almost everyone including the Russians assumed Hillary was going to win. Its not like it was a toss up. The Russians put a token effort into helping Trump with the bots and RT promotions which likely had zero effect.

But what the Russians accomplished was way beyond Putin's wildest dreams. The left and right are fighting like never before and some on the left actually believe they are the reason Trump won or have some secret influence over him.

And one would assume this is the blueprint for the future. Either Russia or China or any other country that wants to screw us up. Stay in the shadows, try to influence anyone on either side that is part of the presidential race and in time some will take the bait and you end up with years of investigations and endless fighting among the left and right.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:45 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Trump is so madly obsessed with his "IQ" (among other things) lol. Maybe Tillerson was going to take him up on it, and that's why Tillerson got the boot.
We don't know what Trump's IQ is - he just may have a high one. But as I like to tell people, there is a difference between being intelligent and being smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies