Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 12:53 PM

23,658 posts, read 13,854,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Because you enunciated a propensity to have a hair trigger. I'm have extremely good situational awareness, and have never felt the need to over react like you did.
I'm happy for you but as it has been said, the opposer has the element of surprise, one must respond in a blitzkrieg if they are to have any chance.

A and B....... and then C. A: He, the jogger, should have known better than running that close to a woman at midnight.

I find there are at least two myths that a lot of people like to believe. First, it will never happen to me. Second, because I am not a threat, no one will perceive me as a threat.

B: "I wonder what she will say when I tell her I'm going to rape her.". Those were the words of one of the serial rapists that Hazelwood and Burgess researched. I am like what they say at the airport, no jokes, for if anyone ever said anything like that to me, I'm striking immediately.

And then there is C. What do we fear? That we will be crucified, second guessed in the aftermath because we had to defend ourselves. I really hate it when people think they can tell me how to handle the risk when they won't be there themselves to face it.

Further, people like you argue that we don't need guns and yet, when we have other ways to defend ourselves before guns, you argue against that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 01:59 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Does anyone drive cars around inside a school?

Are cars designed to transport people or kill people?

The resident neck beards are lacking in logic.
"Does anyone drive cars around inside a school"

YES!

So if some nut drives his car through a school door, you will chnge your mind.

"Man accused of driving car through Berthoud High School"

"BERTHOUD, Colo. — A man is in custody for allegedly driving a car through Berthoud High School, the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office said. On Feb. 14, sheriff’s deputies responded to a call about 5:40 a.m. from a school staff member reporting damage to the building.
When a deputy arrived, he found that it appeared a vehicle had driven into the building through a set of glass doors and exited through a second set of glass doors, causing damage estimated at more than $35,000.

Man accused of driving car through Berthoud High School | FOX31 Denver

"Parent drives vehicle into Bel-Nor Elementary School"

"ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. - An estranged parent drove their car into a school in the Normandy School District just as students were getting ready to be dismissed for the day."

Parent drives vehicle into Bel-Nor Elementary School | FOX2now.com

So YES, it DOES happen.

"Are cars designed to transport people or kill people?"

You show your ignorance of guns with such statements.

Not ALL guns are used to "kill people", some are NOT designed to kill ANYTHING.

Blunt instruments like baseball bats kill MORE then rifles.

MANY things are used for supposes NOT designed for them to do so.

The bottom line is, are you concerned with death or ONLY gun deaths?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, how much more training do you think teachers will have than this one? Who, apparently, forgot basic things of gun safety.

California teacher accidentally fires gun in class, police say; students reportedly injured | Fox News

(BTW, I've got more if you want... guns don't belong in schools)
"guns don't belong in schools"

Your opinion.

Many people INCLUDING teachers and other school officials disagree.

Guns HAVE been is schools for DECADES with NO bad incidents.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Why?

Because I came up on ready in a martial arts stance, ready to deliver blows if necessary?
We had a local Black belt who owned a couple of training schools and did TV commercials showing him fending off 4 bad guys.

One night on his way home he was assaulted and the 3 unarmed guys beat the crap out him.

"Crime reports and statistics are rife with accounts of people trained in the martial arts, many holding black belt rank, falling prey to the brutal attacks of common street thugs – fighters with no formal training in the martial or any other co mbat arts."

Why Do Black Belt Martial Artists Get Beat Up By Street Fighters? - takeartcollection

A black belt is useless against 2 or 3 "bad Guys", 8' away, with guns.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Not always. I wish I had some updated numbers. Justified homicides triple in Memphis

I can't find the article but a few years ago an employee of Range USA in Memphis (where I have gone for some of my training classes) was surprised by a would be attacker while walking to his apartment. The would be attacker received 3 rounds to the chest for his actions.

I have also read first hand accounts of robberies and home invasions that ended in a self defense shooting. In one incident the home owner had about 30 seconds of notice that something was not right and he made the correct choice to grab his gun. His back door busted open as he was walking towards it. The first guy through the door was met with a 9mm slug above his right eye. The second guy didn't quite make it all the way into the house when he decided to change careers and run.

Here's one with pictures. Yes, the perp got the drop on the CCW holder. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...d_30/5-988015/

That was with 5 minutes of searching.
The Armed Citizen

Over 571 PAGES of stories.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Old 03-15-2018, 02:35 PM

23,658 posts, read 13,854,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We had a local Black belt who owned a couple of training schools and did TV commercials showing him fending off 4 bad guys.

One night on his way home he was assaulted and the 3 unarmed guys beat the crap out him.

"Crime reports and statistics are rife with accounts of people trained in the martial arts, many holding black belt rank, falling prey to the brutal attacks of common street thugs – fighters with no formal training in the martial or any other co mbat arts."

Why Do Black Belt Martial Artists Get Beat Up By Street Fighters? - takeartcollection

A black belt is useless against 2 or 3 "bad Guys", 8' away, with guns.
I didn't say counter to that post, not before nor now.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:38 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The Armed Citizen

Over 571 PAGES of stories.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
Well aware of that site since I read it in the NRA magazine monthly.

I wanted to provide examples of even when the perp gets the drop on someone, being armed does help. I need to find the ARFCOM post on the home invasion I wrote about. Not only does the guy explain how lucky he was to get his gun before his door was kicked in, he also details the after the shooting experience with police as well as cleaning up the mess.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:37 AM

2,309 posts, read 897,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He is a reserve police officer, fully trained in firearms. And he shows off his loaded weapon and discharges it in a class full of kids.

Fire him. Now.

It will send a message to other gung-ho "educators" who think they will save the day, guns blazing.

Letting teachers carry weapons is a dumb idea from a dumb administration.
Sure, fire him or retrain him, but he is one example out of millions of CCw holder/Law Enforcement Officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies