Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 11:07 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
A great day, on the right side of history.

So proud of this generation of children, standing up and using their voices in peaceful protest today.

These school children need to all stand up against bullying also. I think they are too young too understand how bullying has affected children lives (suicides) and the lives of the majority of school shooters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Shut the schools down. The country would be better for it. Let these children go beg on the street for all I care and stop being brainwashed and indoctrinated by crazy "teachers".
Yeah, so they can get all their ed-u-macation from Michael Savage and Alex Jones like you do, oh enlightened one?

Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
The only insane part is how kids are more sensible about this issue than adults.
So all the parents of these children should take orders from them around the house now???

Should the children of this country be told what to do by their parents, or should it be the other way around???

This is liberal "logic" now. Insane!

Old 03-14-2018, 11:09 AM

1,330 posts, read 698,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Are teachers we are paying teaching them during that time? The City of Baltimore is paying $100K of taxpayer money to bus students down to D.C. to protest.

So if we shut down school for a period of time for a Pro Trump walk out, or Pro Wall walk out, and then bus students for them, you are OK with that?
I don't think you understand what a protest is.

Protest
Pro.test
Noun
a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.

You don't protest something that already exists. That'd be like Pro-Choicers standing outside an abortion clinic.

You can have a rally or an event that is for those beliefs, but you wouldn't have a protest for them.

As for the school busing them down, that'd be up to the local school board and taxpayers in that area. If the parents (taxpayers) are on board with it, then it's their call.

The whole thing is based on the fact that the majority of Americans are fed up with the gun violence in the US. We're fed up with the NRA and falling back on the antiquated 2nd Amendment. As someone who lives in Columbine's boundaries, 19 year later, the community still is effected by the tragedy. As these mass shootings have become more and more common, especially in school settings, people want change. And those who want the change the most are those who are effected by it the most. In this case, it's the students who lost their friends. They have every right to protest for change -- the very foundation of the American ideology.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Shut the schools down. The country would be better for it. Let these children go beg on the street for all I care and stop being brainwashed and indoctrinated by crazy "teachers".
They aren't brainwashing kids. The kids often get ideas on their own besides the college push. At least in a K-12 setting. I work at a school. I'm on break and the walk-out is on going, and from what I know, the only thing teachers don't want is to carry guns at a school. Maybe that one who fed a puppy to a turtle could, but not most teachers.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:11 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's shakin' King George?

I would hazard to guess I pay a lot more in taxes than you do (top 5% here in a blue state and very high property taxes), but I don't go around with ridiculous rhetoric you do "they are robbing me, wah".

Old 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM

1,330 posts, read 698,507 times
Quote:
So all the parents of these children should take orders from them around the house now???

Should the children of this country be told what to do by their parents, or should it be the other way around???

This is liberal "logic" now. Insane!
So your "logic" is to tell children that their thoughts, ideas, and opinions are meaningless. There's a difference between a child expressing their opinions and a child being insubordinate.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
^^^^^I don't think you understand what TAXPAYER funded school, and school district sponsorship means. I know it is purposeful.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
So your "logic" is to tell children that their thoughts, ideas, and opinions are meaningless. There's a difference between a child expressing their opinions and a child being insubordinate.
You people on more than a few occasions have implied these children are the "grown ups". Don't act like you haven't.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:15 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
These school children need to all stand up against bullying also. I think they are too young too understand how bullying has affected children lives (suicides) and the lives of the majority of school shooters.
I don't think you realize that schools are trying to stop this. The issue is a lot of bullying today isn't actually in person, it is on social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies