Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 07:49 AM

34,219 posts, read 18,550,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
The democrats/liberals have owned the school system for the last 40 years
Isn't it about time we blame them for school violence?
Yes, it is the Democrats, but also their funders, and supporters the American Federation of Teachers, and the National Education Association, both run by Bolsheviks, and anti American Leftists. They are responsible for turning schools into Democrat/Progressive INDOCTRINATION CENTERS. I would never send my kids to Public schools today. They need to be replaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 07:50 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,217 times
What is this goofy broad even talking about? What do black people have to do with the walk out? If anything, black schools don't have to have walk outs for mass shootings.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,079,507 times
The amount of posts in this thread attacking children for expressing themselves is sickening.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:53 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,289,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not as "idiotic" as all the people on CD who "think" it's for Protecting themselves and their family from intruders. All of those "idiots" apparently don't understand that the reason we have the second amendment is due to the necessity of having a WELL REGULATED MILITIA to insure the SECURITY OF A FREE STATE.
I'm surprised you new that. Congratulations. But, if we have a right to life, liberty and property, we also have a right to the means of self defense.

My question is, do you know what the Framers had in mind by "necessary to the security of a free state?" They weren't talking about the military and the nation as a whole. You realize that, right?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,569,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I wonder if we will be seeing a walk out soon for the 11 teens that die each day from texting and driving ?
25 Shocking Distracted Driving Statistics - Distracted Driver Accidents
Yes, lets ramp up the outrage and anger and direct it towards the cell phone industry!

I would normally support walk outs like this, but after speaking to some friends who have kids in schools around here, I learned that many of the students walking out, had no idea what they were even doing it for...but they walked out nonetheless!!

This alone proves we have a much larger problem, they take part in a walkout, but have no idea why they are doing it?? LOL

I guess teaching US history has been a giant waste of time.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:54 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
I wonder if we will be seeing a walk out soon for the 11 teens that die each day from texting and driving ?
25 Shocking Distracted Driving Statistics - Distracted Driver Accidents
I DO know of schools that hold pre-prom seminars on teen DUI deaths. The presentations are extremely graphic, in the hopes of shocking teens into at least planning ahead so they're not driving under the influence either pre- or post-prom. Those seminars are usually pretty effective, and completely nonpolitical.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 AM

34,219 posts, read 18,550,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The NRA has cozied up to the schools for YEARS. Think they are presenting TWO sides of the gun story?
Kids can't even wear an NRA hat to school. You are either misinformed, or purposely lying. The NRA has TRIED to teach gun safety courses in public schools, but have been TURNED AWAY for the most part. Still, it isn't the same as School Sponsored protests of one side.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 AM

29,404 posts, read 14,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I DO know of schools that hold pre-prom seminars on teen DUI deaths. The presentations are extremely graphic, in the hopes of shocking teens into at least planning ahead so they're not driving under the influence either pre- or post-prom. Those seminars are usually pretty effective, and completely nonpolitical.

I have heard local area schools doing the same. So now , why aren't they adopting that same methodology and try to get them to seek help when they can't control their anger and start to think killing their peers is will help ?

Old 03-15-2018, 08:11 AM

29,404 posts, read 14,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The amount of posts in this thread attacking children for expressing themselves is sickening.

I've pretty much followed every page of this , I must have missed the posts where people were attacking (figuratively )these children ....

Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
I have heard local area schools doing the same. So now , why aren't they adopting that same methodology and try to get them to seek help when they can't control their anger and start to think killing their peers is will help ?
No political advantage or neutrality in doing that, so it doesn't happen. Much better to let tragedies happen and exploit them, politically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies