Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 09:06 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

The PURPOSE of the Second Amendment was for PRIVATE citizens to have Weapons of War.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 09:09 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Cannons? Hell, people had/have actual warships.

https://www.wired.com/2013/01/private-navy/

So they did.

So what is the point of your statement of a flintlock pistol?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And those were under the radar. The Vegas shooter should have red flagged over the amount of guns and checks he had but that is besides the point.
And there was/is a policy/law in place that agrees with what you said, he SHOULD have been flagged for an investigation but somehow the rules weren't followed AGAIN (or as usual).

These kinds of things only serve to lend credence to the argument that we should enforce all the laws/policies currently on the books before creating more laws. Laws that will only serve to make people feel good that "something" was done.
Until such a time as severe penalties are placed upon those who ignore what's already in place to the point that people get hurt or killed nothing will change.

In the end, what good are laws/policies/procedures if nobody follows them?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:16 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
So they did.

So what is the point of your statement of a flintlock pistol?
Included in the 2nd Amendment, as are other guns.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, there is a TON of waste in government. There will be no way to seal the border. There are tons of issues such as geography, property rights, water flow, etc. I agree that there should be something done about illegal immigration. I don't know what that would be, but there are too many problems with the wall that Trump is wanting to build to make it a feasible option.
There very well may be no way to totally seal the border but we damn sure can do better and should seal it up as tight as we possibly can. A wall in places where it's feasible does just that.

Anything less is a failure to follow ones oath when elected and a failure of government to follow one of the basic tenants on which it was created...

Old 03-15-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Which makes them no different from the generations that came before them.

I taught high school from 1967 - 2003. For twenty of those years the club I sponsored ran the twice a year blood drives in my school. Students would line up to give blood, just to miss a couple of classes. Always amazed me...
I will bet that if one were to go into the crowds of kids protesting yesterday and pick some random teens you'd not get a coherent answer as to why they're there or what they're really protesting.

This has been done at these kid protests over and over again with the same results, the answer is they're just following the herd and getting a day off school...

Old 03-15-2018, 09:30 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
And cannons. They had cannons.

The Puckle Gun proceeded the Constitution by decades. It had a separate magazine and a high rate of fire.

There were other examples of firepower more powerful than what you posted.

They had reason by example and history of how weapons technology would improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTqV7o2jE8

This doesn't seem to be that "high" of a rate of fire, to me.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTqV7o2jE8

This doesn't seem to be that "high" of a rate of fire, to me.
It might have been had you been around back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

Old 03-15-2018, 09:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
We could ask also the following does the mafia/syndicate/Mexican cartels/etc... own our politicians?
Of course you can ask that question. People ask silly questions all the time.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I will bet that if one were to go into the crowds of kids protesting yesterday and pick some random teens you'd not get a coherent answer as to why they're there or what they're really protesting.

This has been done at these kid protests over and over again with the same results, the answer is they're just following the herd and getting a day off school...
This is my heartburn with the whole thing. These are children who haven't yet developed the ability to rationalize their actions as we can as adults because they have zero life experience outside of the experience of a parent or guardian taking care of them.

They follow the leader (often times blindly) so this walkout does nothing other than give them a few minutes out of a classroom. What is more disturbing is that these walkouts are nothing more than a type of political organizing that indoctrinates children into a way of thinking. Kids should not be exposed to politics at a young age nor while in school. They're in school to gain a foundation of knowledge. When you mix in political slants (left, right, or otherwise) it makes their foundations weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies