Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 01:58 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
What is wrong with taking these precautions? If it possibly helps to prevent another mass shooting, it’s a good thing!
Because those "precautions" can, and will be abused by government to wrongly deny people their Constitutional Right. They are also INFRINGEMENTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 01:58 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Until that "right" is no longer a right when it is overturned by a future amendment. It's a living document and changes can and have been made. If you don't understand that, then you don't understand the constitutional process.

If the 2nd is repealed, you no longer have that right. That's how it works.
And the 2nd exists to protect us from those that want to disarm us. That's how THAT works.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Until that "right" is no longer a right when it is overturned by a future amendment. It's a living document and changes can and have been made. If you don't understand that, then you don't understand the constitutional process.

If the 2nd is repealed, you no longer have that right. That's how it works.
Nope, that would be an infringement and start 1776 all over again.
To secure rights, not take them.
My rights don't come from government.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:53 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
What is wrong with taking these precautions? If it possibly helps to prevent another mass shooting, it’s a good thing!
well how far do you want to take that? I said it several times in this thread the 4th and 5th amendment failed more than the 2nd. The guy posted his intentions, he was investigated by police and several people warned about him but those amendments allowed him to remain free.

So maybe we should allow police to raid and lock up people without a warrant, without due process and put him in a cell gitmo style? Fact is if that had been done this massacre never would have happened.

So come on people, for the sake of safety and the children (a good thing!) give up your 4th and 5th amendment rights.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:17 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,235,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It is interesting to me though:

Communism has killed more people than all the guns in the world, and to this day people die in communist hell every day.

And America - American government and schools from kindergarten up through the most prestigious in America are all indoctrination camps - is FILLED with communist trash. They have taken over all walks of life in America today.

And so our youth (and to a lesser extent) and young adults have all been so indoctrinated by leftists that they actually want to give over our last line of defense against tyranny over to the tyrannical.

It's nothing short of the sort of thing you wished would never happen. America is a lost cause now. A hundred years from now it will be entirely communists.
And the parents of these communist-trash children, are they communists too? Or are they the unwitting victims whose offspring will turn on them and denounce them for not taking up the communism in which they are indoctrinated at school?

Which is it? Or are the parents something else entirely?

Old 03-15-2018, 04:45 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
My smart phone showed pictures of these walkouts. Elementary school students who could not have been more than 7 or 8 years old. Who "put" them up to this? School, or horror,their PARENTS?

I saw another picture of teen girls in Catholic School Uniforms, very similar to what I wore over 50 years ago. Who put them up to this? Why weren't they EXPELLED from school? My guess is that the NUNS probably encouraged it. So much for those of you who rant about Public School. Home school your own children around your arsenal of guns, and you can even teach them yourself about Eddie Eagle training.

Last edited by Jo48; 03-15-2018 at 05:19 PM..

Old 03-15-2018, 05:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
If your takeaway is that this was forced and that the students don't care, you miss the point. Most people are sheep politically to their side of the spectrum, even when shown data contrary to their's.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:10 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A friend of mine is a facility manager for a school district. He had first hand knowledge of the protest yesterday, and worked at it. He indicated.

The school provided school time for the protest, when they should have been teaching.
The school provided materials to make signs, and other forms of protest
The school provided school property as the VENUE for the protest
The school administrators and teachers ENCOURAGED students to attend the protest
The school administrators, and teachers CHASTISED those student who did not want to attend

Therefore my tax dollars were used to fund, and enable a POLTIICAL, PARTISAN PROTEST in which I disagree. Do you think they would have done that for an anti abortion rally, or pro legal gun ownership rally?

You are just plain WRONG, and you know it.
Well if you are going to back up your statement with "a friend told me" then it must be true.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:14 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So why aren't they preaching to their peers to not kill each other ? Instead they preach gun control... gee, I wonder where they get that idea from ? And I'm willing to bet , if you sit down with them and actually try to discuss what their ideas of gun control, the types of firearms, the current regulations and the reason for the 2A , they wouldn't have a glue. They would just parrot the talking points they've seen on the news.
Thanks for highlighting my statement in red. I now realize I misused "were" for "where". My bad.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:17 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Thanks for highlighting my statement in red. I now realize I misused "were" for "where". My bad.
Not to worry, i'm not the grammar police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies