Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 11:48 AM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
how much did it cost you personally, do you surmise?
Provide a full accounting on how much it cost the taxpayers in admin/faculty, materials, operations, facilities, etc., costs, and I'll tell you. This was NOT free to the taxpayers. It COST them $$$$$.

If you want to stage a protest, fine. Do it on your own time and on your own dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 12:02 PM

37,162 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You don't see the problem of participating in an event organized by a known "kill whitey" racist, anti-LGBT bigotry, anti-Semitic hate group? (By the way, that also applies to all the pussyhat marchers. Bet you didn't know that's the organization leaders' preferences, huh? That's what happens when you react emotionally, rather than rationally... nefarious groups manipulate and take advantage of you.)

Tells us all we need to know about you.
What you don't know speaks volumes of you as well. You;re still welcome to join us Saturday. Gonna be a lot of people there. Probably some you know.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
False. The kids did not provide sign-making materials. The schools did. The kids did not provide the protest venue. The schools did. The kids did not provide the protest supervision. The schools did.

Public schools, funded by taxpayers.

Come on, people... Use some critical thinking skills. /SMH

Do it on your own time, not on the taxpayers' dime.
Do you have links to any of these assertions. or is this just another make-it-up-on-the-fly post...?

Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What you don't know speaks volumes of you as well.
I know who's organizing these events: the "kill whitey" racist, anti-LGBT bigoted, anti-Semitic Women's March leadership.

Same goes for the pussyhat marchers who ignorantly bought into the exact same "kill whitey" racist, anti-LGBT bigoted, anti-Semitic Women's March group's other events.

That's what happens when you react emotionally instead of rationally... You get manipulated and used by organizations with nefarious beliefs. That's on you.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Do you have links to any of these assertions. or is this just another make-it-up-on-the-fly post...?
Made up? Public schools did in fact provide: sign-making materials, the protest venue, the faculty/admin required to supervise the protest, etc., all at taxpayers' expense.

Lawsuits have already been filed for that in several states, and they're fully expected to prevail.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Made up? Public schools did in fact provide: sign-making materials, the protest venue, the faculty/admin required to supervise the protest, etc., all at taxpayers' expense.

Lawsuits have already been filed for that in several states, and they're fully expected to prevail.
Link, please.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I know who's organizing these events: the "kill whitey" racist, anti-LGBT bigoted, anti-Semitic Women's March leadership.

Same goes for the pussyhat marchers who ignorantly bought into the exact same "kill whitey" racist, anti-LGBT bigoted, anti-Semitic Women's March group's other events.

That's what happens when you react emotionally instead of rationally... You get manipulated and used by organizations with nefarious beliefs. That's on you.
I'm 66 years old and decided who I was decades ago. I choose where to apply myself these days, thank you, and I do it well-informed.

You're still welcome to join us in our attempt to make America safer, which has been totally overlooked by the current administration.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I'm 66 years old and decided who I was decades ago. I choose where to apply myself these days, thank you, and I do it well-informed.
So... You've deliberately decided to join the "kill whitey" racist, anti-LGBT bigoted, anti-Semite hate group that has organized the "protests" (and organized the pussyhat marches, as well). Good to know.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
One doesn't. It's rhetorical and sounds important. It's like the ones who claim the Parkland Survivors are being manipulated by the Left, when it's the "Kids" who are mobilizing the left of their own accord. These were innocent children until they watched their classmates die in front of them and stepped over their bodies to leave the school. Now they are militants with a cause and a direction. They are no longer kids.
Yeah, I guess that $3 million + that those kid parkland (now professional) protestors have gotten from the Hollyweird left doesn't influence them in the least.
Nah, not at all...

Old 03-19-2018, 01:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
They didn't though. All they did was allow the venue of the use of the commons and I know for the high school I work at, it is only put out that they were having it to lay down ground rules about walking off of campus would be no different than any other day. You walk of r campus, you get charged with truancy. I know many that couldn't do anything because of a test that period so teachers weren't in on it. So anyone putting up the line of teachers and admin supporting the protest, tell me again how it happened...
They might not have at YOUR school but at others the school gave them all the supplies to make protest signs etc.. Sorry, misuse of public materials...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies