Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:59 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,346,146 times

Advertisements

I go 180 from total confiscation. Even farther than most Republicans. I am a constitutionalist.

If you are free to walk the streets of an evil society, it is your god given right to be armed how you feel well regulated in its use.

We don't declaw a domesticated cat, or even a wild big cat, and let it loose in the big world to be prey.

Qualifiers have been added to the 2nd Amendment in the last 80 years. Not by amendment, but by unconstitutional legislation. Violating the shall not be infringed part.

Go try to train with a bunch of your friends daily, in domestic tactical warfare... let the FBI & the ATF get wind of that and tell me the police state, has not suppressed the free state!!!! Someone's going to jail!
The right of the people. Not the privilege of citizens. I have to beg and can be totally denied my right to keep my arms on my person. Government has no authority to tell me where I keep my arms.
You better never bear them or go to jail or get killed.
Now, we got an age requirement out of thin-air, to infringe. When I was 9, I bought and paid for my 30-30.
Now we got a mental sanity requirement out of thin-air, because they let everyone out of the asylum to roam the streets. That sets up a catch 22. They are unarmed and vulnerable prey! That is disgusting! Restrict and take my god given rights because people that should not run free in society are, and you want me disarmed??? You guys are insane!
Non-felons can't be armed? Why are they free to roam the streets of a free society as vulnerable prey? Why do you think they get guns anyway? THEY ARE FREE with ALL THEIR RIGHTS that COME from GOD!! Not government, not you, not me!

Arms. Not small arms, Not big arms. Not only guns. Not only the arms government deems acceptable for public use. Arms. My weapons.

Every piece of gun control legislation is a violation of MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT. Not for you, a court, or the collective to take, unless I'm dead.

All the ambiguity is my liberty to choose for myself, not you, government or the collective to choose for me.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:15 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,461,379 times
"It's a theory"
Without a "Well regulated" militia it is hard to justify.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:17 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
"It's a theory"
Without a "Well regulated" militia it is hard to justify.
It's not a theory.

The Supreme Court decided in 2010 that the 2nd Amendment meant that Americans have the Constitutional right to own a gun.

That argument is now over.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,174,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I go 180 from total confiscation. Even farther than most Republicans. I am a constitutionalist.

I love how you claimed to be a Constitutionalist but doesn't seem to have a clue what the Supreme Court said.

Right to bear arms is not unlimited and DOES NOT include the ability to carry a gun everywhere. That's what the Supreme Court justice said.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I love how you claimed to be a Constitutionalist but doesn't seem to have a clue what the Supreme Court said.

Right to bear arms is not unlimited and DOES NOT include the ability to carry a gun everywhere. That's what the Supreme Court justice said.

Even your rights don't come from 9 politically appointed people in black robes.

Point me to the part in the 2nd amendment that declares that I cannot keep my arms on my person at all times. What if I have no home? Too keep but never bear?

To deny me, would place me in bondage to you.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:29 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,366,539 times
It is not your 'GOD GIVEN RIGHT" to carry any weapon you choose. Your right to carry any arms is based on civil law and, if any such "right" is given to you, it is not from the divine, but under the more pedestrian and human devised Constitution and its subsequent Amendments.

Those Amendments, and specifically the 2nd Amendment in this case, is then interpreted by the Courts of the USA as to the constitutionality of any legislation, rule or order. (See Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (1 Cranch) 137 (1803)) The same courts that are created in the Constitution under Article III.

For instance, your right to walk into a school with an AR-15, bazooka, or machine gun can be limited by the Congress or the appropriate legislative body. See District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008).

If you believe in the Constitution, as you say you do, you will abide by the decisions handed down by the courts and legislature whether they support your position or not.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 03-14-2018 at 03:43 PM..

Old 03-14-2018, 03:31 PM

1,316 posts, read 739,407 times
Plus, I don't believe in your god, so...

Old 03-14-2018, 03:34 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,030,041 times
Quote:
Even your rights don't come from 9 politically appointed people in black robes.

Point me to the part in the 2nd amendment that declares that I cannot keep my arms on my person at all times. What if I have no home? Too keep but never bear?

To deny me, would place me in bondage to you.

How about pointing to the part that says states can't do so? Or perhaps you can walk the God into court to testify on this right he/she's allegedly given you?

Old 03-14-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
It is not your 'GOD GIVEN RIGHT" to carry any weapon you choose. Your right to carry any arms is based on civil law and, if any such "right" is given to you, it is not from the divine, but under the more pedestrian and human devised Constitution and its subsequent Amendments.

Those Amendments, and specifically the 2nd Amendment in this case, is then interpreted by the Courts of the USA as to the constitutionality of any legislation, rule or order. (See Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (1 Cranch) 137 (1803)) The same courts that are created in the Constitution under Article III.

Your right to walk into a school with an AR-15, bazooka, or machine gun can be limited by the Congress or the appropriate legislative body. See District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008).

If you believe in the Constitution, as you say you do, you will abide by the decisions handed down by the courts and legislature whether they support your position or not.
You are forgetting the "shall not be infringed" part that denies legislation of any kind. Of coarse I can be denied entry into a private property.

McDonald v. Chicago, over turned the upheld challenge, that set precedence for all gun legislation.
The very first challenge to the 2nd amendment. Right after the end of the civil war, that the SC said government could deny arms.

The Supreme Court reversed and remanded the case back to the district court, giving the defendants a chance to provide evidence that a short-barrelled shotgun could contribute to "the efficiency of a well-regulated militia." (The Court was apparently unaware of the use of short-barreled shotguns in trench warfare during World War I.[http://nraila.org/FactSheets.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=17]

Note, Miller only required evidence that the weapon contribute to the efficiency of a well-regulated militia. The Court never said the defendants had to belong to a well-regulated militia. In other words the Miller case interpreted the Second Amendment to mean one has the right to own militia type weapons.

The defendants had not appeared for their Supreme Court hearing and they had no legal representation as well! Miller was murdered in April of 1939 (one month before the Court's decision). After the decision, Layton pleaded guilty to transporting a sawed-off shotgun, and received five year's probation. [http://rkba.org/research/miller/Miller.html] ) And so even though the case had been remanded, it was never tried in the lower courts.

Last edited by BentBow; 03-14-2018 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-14-2018, 03:41 PM

20,728 posts, read 9,330,679 times
Quote:
THEY ARE FREE with ALL THEIR RIGHTS that COME from GOD!!
It is really sad that a person who has told me they are not even a Christian (except maybe for a "10 commandments Christian" at best, which isn't really a Christian) goes around telling everybody about supposed rights from God.

A really clear instruction from God which you are clearly ignoring is this:

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."

You have no interest in turning any cheeks and not resisting evil, if somebody slaps you on the face you want to pull out your gun and shoot them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies