Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 12:09 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
'The dog that didn't bark' was a famous Sherlock Holmes story wherein Holmes solves a crime because of a dog that should have barked, but didn't.

I still remember the cost of the Ken Starr investigation from over 20 years ago: $40 million. It was repeated so endlessly by the media that it remains imprinted in my brain. Why aren't we being bombarded similarly regarding the cost of the Mueller investigation. Even a google search doesn't yield any hits more recent than Dec. 2017.

Why is this? Because we still have, for all intents and purposes, a state-run media. And said media was anti-Starr, and is pro-Mueller.
This investigation is dirt cheap. In fact, double my taxes to pay for it. I’ll even pay for your portion. It’s worth every dime of my taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I find it funny that conservatives are whining about the cost of the Mueller investigation but were quite during the Benghazi witch hunt, Trumps weekly golfing trips, and the 10's of millions spent so Melania can stay in New York for 6 months.
Lol..,yep.

Frankly, I don’t give a damn if we have to bankrupt the country to pay for Mueller’s investigation. It’s money very well spent.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:08 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,546,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
'The dog that didn't bark' was a famous Sherlock Holmes story wherein Holmes solves a crime because of a dog that should have barked, but didn't.

I still remember the cost of the Ken Starr investigation from over 20 years ago: $40 million. It was repeated so endlessly by the media that it remains imprinted in my brain. Why aren't we being bombarded similarly regarding the cost of the Mueller investigation. Even a google search doesn't yield any hits more recent than Dec. 2017.

Why is this? Because we still have, for all intents and purposes, a state-run media. And said media was anti-Starr, and is pro-Mueller.
The cost of the Special Counsel's investigation is probably a small fraction of what is spent on the frequent golfing excursions of a president who said before the election, that if he won, he'd be too busy with his duties, to do any golfing.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:41 AM

26,964 posts, read 13,212,563 times
From what I have recently read the investigation seems to be going very well and Robert Mueller is both very professional and highly respected.

Trump and 'collusion': what we know so far about Mueller's Russia investigation - The Guardian

Old 09-16-2018, 05:38 AM

56,963 posts, read 25,901,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
It hasn't even been a year. Mueller was appointed May 17, 2017.

So, let's assume the cost has stayed fairly consistent with the first seven months. At that point, they'd spent $5 million, or aproximately $714,000 a month.

That was the total in December. Two and half months (January, February, half of March ) have gone by, so that means he's spent approximately another $1.7 million. So, that brings us up to $6.7 million to date.

Meanwhile, Congress just passed a $4.7 TRILLION budget for this year. Let's see, what percentage of that is Mueller's investigation?
Mueller just got $46M from Manaforts estate, not sure where the money goes but certainly worth while. He also exposed all the crooked games played by Manafort, the various law firms and lobbyists to promote a Russians puppet in Ukraine to lobby congress.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-16-2018 at 06:50 AM..

Old 09-16-2018, 07:56 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,588,650 times
Were you RepubliCONS so concerned with the money we wasted investigating Benghazi for 3 years? This phony outrage by Republicans is getting old. Quit watching the Fake Fox News. They are instigators in all of this phony OUTRAGE.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Were you RepubliCONS so concerned with the money we wasted investigating Benghazi for 3 years? This phony outrage by Republicans is getting old. Quit watching the Fake Fox News. They are instigators in all of this phony OUTRAGE.
Bingo!

Money was no issue during Benghazi or any Clinton investigation, so it ain’t an issue now!

Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,013,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bingo!

Money was no issue during Benghazi or any Clinton investigation, so it ain’t an issue now!
The problem is that THIS investigation, unlike the never-ending, nonproductive Benghazi ones, is actually yielding results. NINE Benghazi "investigations" with absolutely nothing to show for them is the very definition of a witch hunt, something our right wing friends were all in favor of. But ONE investigation now is just too, too much. They are the very definition of hypocrisy.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,416,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The problem is that THIS investigation, unlike the never-ending, nonproductive Benghazi ones, is actually yielding results. NINE Benghazi "investigations" with absolutely nothing to show for them is the very definition of a witch hunt, something our right wing friends were all in favor of. But ONE investigation now is just too, too much. They are the very definition of hypocrisy.

But if they're too stupid to spell hypocrisy, can they be expected to recognize it in the mirror?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFQhw3VVToQ

Besides, the openly greedy ones aren't hypocrites.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,611,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This investigation is dirt cheap. In fact, double my taxes to pay for it. I’ll even pay for your portion. It’s worth every dime of my taxes.
I think Paul Manafort's 22 MILLION contribution to the fund was a nice touch (I don't trust Zillow estimates of RE value--maybe it is closer to 44 someone said)...
Paying to put himself in prison--

But just as fast as Paul and Robert were putting money INTO the US Treasury
Trump is taking it out to fund his kiddie jails and his golf trips and Secret Service coverage for his sons' business trips...

Last edited by loves2read; 09-16-2018 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies