Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 04:42 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Not all counties in all states share all data with NICS. Then there’s the military.

I do not understand the urgency as it relates to legal gun purchases. Waiting period's will only work once to possibly prevent a shooting. If a person has already passed any background checks, once they have gotten a firearm, any future restrictions will have no impact if they were to choose and go nuts. They would already have a weapon.

Richard Paddock had 42 guns, most of which he legally acquired in the 12 months leading up to the 10/1/17 Las Vegas Massacre. It did not set off any red flags. How many guns is a person legally allowed to own before being considered a nut case 2, 10, 100 or 10,000? I only ask since in every case when a person has chosen to now commit mass crime in shooting, the number of firearms they had, and how many they had owned always comes into question. Like he owned 15 guns was that not obvious enough that they were a nut case. Or back at their place of residence they had thousands of rounds of ammunition. Like to have more than a single round of spare ammo is also a indication of a crime. These nut cases should only be charged in commission of a crime, only what they had with them in commission of the crime in the first place, and not what they owned.

Had the concert not been a gun flee zone, the wounded and fatality count would have likely been higher as no one knew with certainty, the source of fire.

Mass shootings are chaos. Some perceived shots were being fired from within the concert venue. Some percirved shots were being fired from different venues. Some perceived shots were being fired from different floors of the Mandolay.

Then there are the hard core conspiracy theorists who believe all mass shootings are perpetuated by the deep state boogeyman.

I deplore the actions of that loon in Las Vegas, but I will ask several questions of my own in RED in response to your statements.

And both of my response could be addressed at the state or federal level, it would require putting limits on how many of a legal production a person is allowed to buy and own at the same time. I am not in favor of this, but it could be addressed at the Federal & State level's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 05:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Because you cannot shoot anyone with your ballot?
Remember Hitler?

Old 03-15-2018, 05:31 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Background checks for firearms will be considered racist if they ever happen

You know they've already been happening for years, right? Decades, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies