Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 12:06 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,885,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Small correction to my last post. The Joint Statement issued today condemning Russia for the nerve-gas attacks came from the UK, US, France and Germany. As I said, a thumbs up to the President for joining our allies in this. So, today's events make me feel much more optimistic.

U.S., France and Germany join Britain in saying Russia likely responsible for chemical attack against former spy

The leaders of the United States, France and Germany joined with Great Britain to sign a statement condemning Russia’s use of a deadly nerve gas to poison a former Russian spy on British soil, saying the attack “threatens the security of us all.”

“This use of a military-grade nerve agent, of a type developed by Russia, constitutes the first offensive use of a nerve agent in Europe since the Second World War,” the joint statement issued Thursday said. “It is an assault on U.K. sovereignty and any such use by a state party is a clear violation of the Chemical Weapons Convention and a breach of international law. It threatens the security of us all.”

The statement of solidarity by the four allies – signed by Donald Trump, Theresa May, Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel – squarely blamed Russia for the March 4 attack on Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury, who remain hospitalized in critical condition.
I've always said it. When Trump finally steps up and does the right thing (for whatever reason) I will acknowledge it. This is encouraging news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 12:11 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,366,876 times
Quote:
Treasury Secretary Mnuchin announced financial sanctions this morning against the Russian individuals and companies that Robert Mueller indicted last month..
but, you know........ nothingburger witch hunt.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:13 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,366,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
When Trump finally steps up and does the right thing (for whatever reason) I will acknowledge it. This is encouraging news.
yep.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:15 PM

39,004 posts, read 50,987,327 times
Mnuchin's head will soon roll.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:17 PM

8,076 posts, read 10,017,178 times
The Dotard got embarrassed by Teresa May who doesn't look toward Washington any longer after he embarrassed her (and himself).

She went right ahead and moved swiftly to punish the Dotard's Russian pals, and then the Donald had no choice but to react, or further confirm that he and Putin have a little thing going on.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:21 PM

8,370 posts, read 7,581,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is kind of interesting that Mnuchin announced this and not the President.

I can't imagine, however, that Mnuchin did this without the President's approval. But, from a PR standpoint, the President missed an opportunity to make this announcement himself; it would have been a good move for him, in my opinion.

On the other hand, he did sign the joint statement against the Russia nerve agent attack with May, Merkel and Macon, so that is a positive for him. Maybe he figures that is enough for one day.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:46 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,423,174 times
Quote:
That was under the previous administration, correct?
Correct a mundo! !

Old 03-15-2018, 04:04 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,284,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
The Dotard got embarrassed by Teresa May who doesn't look toward Washington any longer after he embarrassed her (and himself).
She went right ahead and moved swiftly to punish the Dotard's Russian pals, and then the Donald had no choice but to react, or further confirm that he and Putin have a little thing going on.
Trump must have been miserable squeezed into that tight little corner with no obvious means of escape. He was probably mumbling under his breath, "Sorry Vlad, sorry Vlad, sorry Vlad. I didn't mean to. I won't do it again. I promise."

Quote:
On the other hand, he did sign the joint statement against the Russia nerve agent attack with May, Merkel and Macon, so that is a positive for him. Maybe he figures that is enough for one day.
Don the con will probably later say, "That's not my signature. Doesn't look like my signature. Can't be my signature."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
"It's all Steve's fault!"

Last edited by mollyblythe; 03-15-2018 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-15-2018, 04:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,059,951 times
Uh what?

No one denied Russia interfered like they have always done. What we deny is the nonsense that they stole the election from Hillary and collided with Trump

Old 04-06-2018, 10:43 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,589,248 times
"U.S. Sanctions Hit Putin’s Son in Law, Manafort Patron, NRA’s Man in Moscow," etc.

"The sanctions package freezes U.S. assets of the named oligarchs as well as 17 Russian officials, in the latest punishment for “malign activity,” including the Kremlin’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-rus...-more?ref=home

And off we go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies