Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 08:12 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'd like to see these kids turn their attention to the opiod crisis. Everyday in America there are more than 17 people that die from over doses. Why don't they care about these people? Why do they think they should attack the NRA, GOP, Trump and guns when they turn their backs on the real killer in America?
It doesn't fit the Left's agenda. It isn't sexy enough.

Quote:
I can't help but think these kids are being used as pawns by the Left to push for gun control/ bans when the real problem is mental health. Has any of the protesters called out the FBI that dropped the ball on this?
Law enforcement on EVERY level failed, and allowed this to happen, yet it is law abiding citizens with common, legally owned guns that are the problem. Insanity prevails!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 08:12 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
THIS is who's organizing the activism:

What to Know About the March 14 National School Walkout | Time

Yep, the SAME Women's March whose co-chair, Tamika Mallory, is a friend and associate of racist Louis Farrakhan.

The kids have been astroturfed with propaganda, MUCH of it factually incorrect, and have stupidly aligned themselves with "kill whitey" racism and anti-Semitism.

I wouldn't exactly call that "smart."

What's even WORSE is all the preening Dem politicians who've now aligned themselves with that exact same "kill whitey" racism and anti-Semitism by preening at several of the events. THEY should know better and investigate who they're aligning themselves with before dashing for the next photo-op or video-op. Complete idiots! /SMH
No, the complete idiots are the ones with guns, killing innocents.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:14 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
oh my god no. come on these kids are pawns. crisis actors are a new strategy of the msm. they can manipulate these people by offering air time in exchange for carrying on the media's narrative. its literally fake news.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:14 AM

764 posts, read 234,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I proposed a solution. Your solution is?
Enforce all existing laws on the books. Make all sales and transfers require a federal background check.
Establish FEDERAL requirements for a concealed carry license including background check and training minimums for your firearm. When issued, said license is valid in all 50 states and good for purchasing firearms in all 50 states. Said license to be renewed at determined intervals just like CCW is now. Pass the law being debated now on firearm removal in cases of domestic violence etc. with the stipulation of due process in the courts within 30 days.....with stiff penalties in cases of false accusation. Examine an possibly amend HIPPA laws pertaining to mental health issues and background checks.

These are some things that I believe would go a long way to resolve the problems we have. I await your reply.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:16 AM

764 posts, read 234,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
No, the complete idiots are the ones with guns, killing innocents.
And here you are again........ why can't we have a reasonable debate on guns?

Old 03-16-2018, 08:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Deliberately injuring/killing a neighbor's animals is. There were other crimes, as well. All covered up by Broward public schools and local law enforcement. Promise Program. Clean criminal record = Cruz passes a background check.
None of those are school issues, so I don't see how you connect them to some school program.

You liberal leftist you.....

You might want to check your sources blaming the "Promise Program".

https://www.broadcenter.org/blog/the...omise-program/

PROMISE is just one part of Broward County’s school discipline approach and applies only in select cases involving minor infractions.

Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Supports and Education, or PROMISE, is not the sole policy by which Broward addresses student discipline. PROMISE provides alternative supports through a mentorship and education program for students who have committed minor non-violent offenses that previously resulted in arrests and suspensions — such as vandalism causing less than $1,000 in property damage, petty theft, shouting profanity and throwing spitballs.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'd like to see these kids turn their attention to the opiod crisis. Everyday in America there are more than 17 people that die from over doses. Why don't they care about these people? Why do they think they should attack the NRA, GOP, Trump and guns when they turn their backs on the real killer in America?
Why don't you focus on issues closer to your heart, and let others focus on issues closer to theirs?

Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
And here you are again........ why can't we have a reasonable debate on guns?
Because you are dealing with overly emotional people that are largely ignorant about guns, and the plethora of existing gun laws already on the books. They like to virtue signal that all guns are bad, and all legal gun owners are extreme gun nuts who secretly want to kill people. They PROJECT their own insecurities, and character flaws onto others. They know they can't be trusted with a gun, so nobody else can.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
Enforce all existing laws on the books. Make all sales and transfers require a federal background check.
Establish FEDERAL requirements for a concealed carry license including background check and training minimums for your firearm. When issued, said license is valid in all 50 states and good for purchasing firearms in all 50 states. Said license to be renewed at determined intervals just like CCW is now. Pass the law being debated now on firearm removal in cases of domestic violence etc. with the stipulation of due process in the courts within 30 days.....with stiff penalties in cases of false accusation. Examine an possibly amend HIPPA laws pertaining to mental health issues and background checks.

These are some things that I believe would go a long way to resolve the problems we have. I await your reply.
That is close to my ideas. I have proposed a system which is close to the current carry licence. Every gun owner should apply for a licence, and the process would include:

- Criminal background check
- Basic firearm safety / handling course
- Drug test
- Mental evaluation

Old 03-16-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is close to my ideas. I have proposed a system which is close to the current carry licence. Every gun owner should apply for a licence, and the process would include:

- Criminal background check
- Basic firearm safety / handling course
- Drug test
- Mental evaluation
Much of that is already done in many states. However, how do you address when a criminal circumvents the system, which they do everyday, and buys, or steals a gun illegally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies