Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:16 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Can a thug post the same pretty poster and get the same effect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 07:19 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
These kids are no one's pawns. They are the ones who STARTED this whole thing as soon as the media got to them after the shootings. They are working to fight the NRA, which has demonstrated repeatedly that children's lives are of no consequence or concern to them as long as they get what they want.

I'm hoping Wayne LaPierre and all his harpies have met their match this time.
Key words right there. The anti-American, anti-first and second amendment media got to them.

Corrupted them to a cause that won't solve the problem. The truth is gun free zones are fish in a barrel.

Criminals don't obey the law and will always have guns.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
I still believe the same things I did when I was 17, and I'm a helluva lot more informed now as to why and more dedicated to those principles today than I have ever been in my life.
Statism, especially the Leftist variety, is a condition of permanent adolescence.

Your posting history makes perfect sense now.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They were banned in the past - and just like I cannot get a bazooka - or drive a real rocket car down the street or be drunk in public. Yes hold the reigns with out complete ban of all weapons.
I think those fighting same mentality of those huge gas guzzling trucks. Bigger is better mentality- egotistical. I am a vets widow and own a hand piece. That’s enough
What kind of car do you own? One that is just "enough."
What kind of house do you live in? Does it have more than 1 bedroom and one bathroom?
How big is your yard? Is it just enough for 1 person, nothing wasted? Because bigger is better is really bad right?
The nice thing about living in the USA is that you are free to own what you would like to own. It isn't based solely upon need.
Al Gore and many Hollywood elitists love to preach about carbon footprints. All the while they are the worst offenders of all. That's the problem with the left. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
How many of these Hollywood elitists who preach about the evils of gun ownership have private security? Guards who are armed? How about those elected reps who are so anti-gun and yet take full advantage of armed security?
Me I only own a 2 hunting rifles, a shot gun and 2 1911's. Im not into the black guns. Never was and never will be. Yes they are fun to bling with, but just not my thing. I don't seek to ban them though.
I am for better background checks, waiting periods and requiring shrinks to report questionable patients so they can be placed on a watch list or no gun list.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:32 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
I still believe the same things I did when I was 17, and I'm a helluva lot more informed now as to why and more dedicated to those principles today than I have ever been in my life.
You're not the only one I belived the same things when I was 17-20 years old as well. I remember Montreal Polytechnique massacre in 1989 and see how the mouvement and the cause was hijacked and how the Canadian gun registry was hold and maintened by some Canadian bureaucrats who neglected it.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:35 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Key words right there. The anti-American, anti-first and second amendment media got to them.

Corrupted them to a cause that won't solve the problem. The truth is gun free zones are fish in a barrel.

Criminals don't obey the law and will always have guns.
By "got to them" I was referring to the press sticking a microphone in their faces and turning them loose. These kids had been studying journalism in school and knew how to work in front of TV cameras, they were smart and articulate, and the media and America ate it up. I did not mean to imply that they were influenced by the media. In fact, it was 180 degrees from that.

But they won't have assault weapons/AR-15s/ AK-47s/ weapons of war/scary black rifles to do it with any more. They're going to have to work for their mayhem again like their fathers did.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:38 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Save America from what?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Statism, especially the Leftist variety, is a condition of permanent adolescence.

Your posting history makes perfect sense now.
I never claimed to be anything but a proud and dedicated leftist. That is not an insult to me in the least, nor does your opinion of me carry any weight.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:42 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
I saw that meme posted on the following blog. https://hrexach.wordpress.com/tag/kent-state-shootings/
https://imgur.com/5hO9LIp

It give me some food for taught, the medias, teachers and Hollywood celebrities wants us to remember Sandy Hoak, Parkland but what about Kent State?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
You're not the only one I belived the same things when I was 17-20 years old as well. I remember Montreal Polytechnique massacre in 1989 and see how the mouvement and the cause was hijacked and how the Canadian gun registry was hold and maintened by some Canadian bureaucrats who neglected it.
There are a lot of us still kicking. I have been driven by a hatred of Richard Nixon and everything he ever stood for since 1970. He is the man who singlehandely taught me not to trust republicans. I guess I owe him thanks for that. If I had his address I'd send him a fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies