Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 07:47 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,222,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In Jamacia , black people are the majority by a larger margin than white people in the US.

The Othering is on the minorities there which seem to exist just like in America.

So your premise is based on something that isn't true .
Nothing you said makes any sense.

Being a minority has nothing to do with it. My point was that we are American as much as Jamaicans are Jamaican. If black Carribeans can identify with their countries of origin, why can't we identify with ours?

My family is from the United States. This is an old country, and our roots here run deep. We have been here as long as they have been in the Carribean. I know exactly where I'm from.

Last edited by Tritone; 03-16-2018 at 08:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 09:33 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Just curious, saying one has white pride is completely taboo, but people are allowed to openly talk about their Irish pride (especially around St Patricks Day), Italian pride, etc etc. Many people here in Louisiana are also very proud of their French heritage.

While some people stress "Hispanic pride" (like La Raza and the Dreamer movement which seeks to unite the Hispanic ethnicities into a "racial awakeneing") and "Asian pride" even minorities are more specifically into Chinese pride, Korean pride, Mexican pride, Puerto Rican pride, etc.

So why do you think ethnic pride is totally acceptable but there are more taboos about racial pride (except for black pride perhaps)????

For me I am of Asian/Chinese descent but most of my pride is based on national and regional vs ethnic or racial.
That's because "White Pride" has a looooonnnnggg history of being demonic, murderous terrorists to its very core. Death and destruction has gone hand in hand with "White Pride" in this country. Contrast that with, how many crosses have been burned due to Hispanic pride? Or churches burned down, or had bombs blown up in them, or little children killed in church due to Mexican Pride in this country? When has Puerto Rican pride been demonstrating by gun-toting, Confederate flag carrying men and women with demonic grimaces on their faces shouting hate-filled words and name-calling even little children, elderly, or non-violent people.

Name any other group that prides itself on race that has a long history of acting this way?

African-Americans have a whole month of Black history month and never has there been reports of Blacks putting nooses in White people's yards, places of employment, or schools to terrorize them. Never do they or any other non-White group make it their business to put sheets over their heads like a stupid cartoon ghost to terrorize people and destroy both people and property. Not once have they used their month of pride to indulge an obsession with WM genitals or hanging White people from trees, or make fun of meth heads, heroin addicts, or prescription drugs addicts.

Only when Whites go with their ethnicity such as Irish pride, is it safe for the rest of humanity. Irish pride focuses on happily poking fun of themselves not on being RACIAL TERRORIST groups against non-Whites. When WHITE PRIDE can act humanely (or give up devil worship) like all other group identity-pride then White pride won't have such a negative stigma. Until then, accept the fact that the hard, lumpy bed you're laying in is the one that you yourself made.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:49 PM

Default You have it backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Black pride (which I never heard of) is probably the result of America's past history with slavery. It's obvious African Americans can't point to any one country of origin since their past was erased hence Black pride.

Most white people don't go around saying they are "white" but refer to their European ancestry based on which country they or family came from.
Hence Irish pride (especially around St Patrick's Day), Italian pride, French heritage, etc.
You have it backwards. The overwhelming majority of Whites of European descent in the US do say they're White - not their ethnicity. Other than the Irish, a few 1-2nd generations Italians, and the Cajuns of Louisiana, the immigrating Whites of the 18-20th centuries dropped their ethnicity at the door when they migrated to the USA because they found out quick that in this country - "White" race reigned supreme. The only way to get access to all the privileges and opportunies offered in the USA was to be White not ethnic White. Fast forward to current day, the only time Whites claim ethnicity is when conjecturing about some connection to the English monarchy in their family tree centuries ago or for small talk when the subject of family background comes up at a party.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Nothing you said makes any sense.

Being a minority has nothing to do with it. My point was that we are American as much as Jamaicans are Jamaican. If black Carribeans can identify with their countries of origin, why can't we identify with ours?

My family is from the United States. This is an old country, and our roots here run deep. We have been here as long as they have been in the Carribean. I know exactly where I'm from.
You are making multiple flawed arguments.

Your entire argument is based on the 2 step concept of not being able to be both black and American( you are wrong) and that jamacians do not do the same ( you are also wrong there to )

Black Jamacians are an overwhelming majority in their nation, their culture defined Jamacians culture, but there Are plenty of white, Lebanese ,Arab and hispanic Jamacians that indeed identiy as such and yes even black ones that know their ancestry that do not just call themselves " Jamacians "

Old 03-16-2018, 09:54 PM

Default This

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
What is anti white racism? Since racism is the belief that one race is superior, how does anti white fit into it?

What does that look like? As I have been white all of my life, and have even lived abroad and been an actual minority for nearly 1/3 of my life, I am confused but the notion that there is this growing racism that is “anti-white†as I have never seen or experienced such a thing anywhere or at anytime. What sort of things have you been denied due to this anti white racism? Have you been assaulted by anti white racists? Harassed in school or out on the street by anti white racists? Have you been unable to by a home you wanted, denied a promotion, anything along those lines?
ThIS. /thread.
Case closed. Class dismissed.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:55 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
The bolded part here is important. There is history here, and a complicated one. Many, many blacks in the US do not know where their families originated.

Having pride in one's group is fine. You can be a "proud American," a "proud midwesterner," or a "proud Minnesotan." You can even be a "proud Lutheran" or a "proud accountant." But "white pride" has negative connotations, and to feign surprise or to claim not to know that is disingenuous. Will it always be that way? Maybe not. But it will be beyond my lifetime.
Not to mention if folks want to celebrate white pride, then all middle eastern and latino people should be invited to the party because by definition they are in fact white.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:57 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Just curious, saying one has white pride is completely taboo, but people are allowed to openly talk about their Irish pride (especially around St Patricks Day), Italian pride, etc etc. Many people here in Louisiana are also very proud of their French heritage.

While some people stress "Hispanic pride" (like La Raza and the Dreamer movement which seeks to unite the Hispanic ethnicities into a "racial awakeneing") and "Asian pride" even minorities are more specifically into Chinese pride, Korean pride, Mexican pride, Puerto Rican pride, etc.

So why do you think ethnic pride is totally acceptable but there are more taboos about racial pride (except for black pride perhaps)????

For me I am of Asian/Chinese descent but most of my pride is based on national and regional vs ethnic or racial.
Because Cultural Marxists created the narrative that it was. No other reason at all.

The exceptions are for POC. Only whites are shamed and assaulted for having any ethnic or racial pride.

White Pride World Wide is I believe, a slogan adopted by White Power groups....but its not any different than Jewish Pride (worldwide is implied, of course).

But CM hate whites and are Jewish Supremacists (most of the time, although sometimes they are useful idiots ...ie POC)

Old 03-16-2018, 09:57 PM

Default Give some examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Probably almost ever person has been denied things and experienced issues that were probably based in anti-white sentiment....
Could you list some of those things that almost ever person (White person?) has been denied which were probably based on anti-White sentiment?

Old 03-17-2018, 12:07 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
That's because "White Pride" has a looooonnnnggg history of being demonic, murderous terrorists to its very core. Death and destruction has gone hand in hand with "White Pride" in this country. Contrast that with, how many crosses have been burned due to Hispanic pride? Or churches burned down, or had bombs blown up in them, or little children killed in church due to Mexican Pride in this country? When has Puerto Rican pride been demonstrating by gun-toting, Confederate flag carrying men and women with demonic grimaces on their faces shouting hate-filled words and name-calling even little children, elderly, or non-violent people.

Name any other group that prides itself on race that has a long history of acting this way?

African-Americans have a whole month of Black history month and never has there been reports of Blacks putting nooses in White people's yards, places of employment, or schools to terrorize them. Never do they or any other non-White group make it their business to put sheets over their heads like a stupid cartoon ghost to terrorize people and destroy both people and property. Not once have they used their month of pride to indulge an obsession with WM genitals or hanging White people from trees, or make fun of meth heads, heroin addicts, or prescription drugs addicts.

Only when Whites go with their ethnicity such as Irish pride, is it safe for the rest of humanity. Irish pride focuses on happily poking fun of themselves not on being RACIAL TERRORIST groups against non-Whites. When WHITE PRIDE can act humanely (or give up devil worship) like all other group identity-pride then White pride won't have such a negative stigma. Until then, accept the fact that the hard, lumpy bed you're laying in is the one that you yourself made.
No, that doesn't fly. Might as well just say that Allahu Akbar has a long history of being associated with terrorists. Isn't the left the ones that are always demanding that people be treated as individuals?

So any individual should have the freedom to celebrate their White Pride without being smeared by the sins of other beings who also may have used that slogan. Who might not have even been celebrating the same thing or using the term to mean the same thing. You don't know. You can't just lump everyone together.

Or, if you can...then all Muslims are terrorists, all blacks are drug dealing, drive-by shooting committing thugs with a bunch of illegitimate kids with a lot of different baby-mamas who love fried chicken and grits. And all Asians can't drive right or park properly and have squinty eyes and are great at math.

So you see...you can HAVE that...but do you WANT that?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:51 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
No, that doesn't fly. Might as well just say that Allahu Akbar has a long history of being associated with terrorists. Isn't the left the ones that are always demanding that people be treated as individuals?

So any individual should have the freedom to celebrate their White Pride without being smeared by the sins of other beings who also may have used that slogan. Who might not have even been celebrating the same thing or using the term to mean the same thing. You don't know. You can't just lump everyone together.

Or, if you can...then all Muslims are terrorists, all blacks are drug dealing, drive-by shooting committing thugs with a bunch of illegitimate kids with a lot of different baby-mamas who love fried chicken and grits. And all Asians can't drive right or park properly and have squinty eyes and are great at math.

So you see...you can HAVE that...but do you WANT that?

Sorry. The US has a very complicated and difficult racial history. Because of the sins of the past, you cannot have "white pride" at this point in history without the baggage. Because it still means something beyond the individual. You CAN celebrate being American without that baggage. It's the way it is because of the history of white pride. It IS a racist history, and that will be carried with it for the foreseeable future. Tough luck.

But what REASON can you give for wanting to yell from the hilltops, "I'm white and proud!" What is it you are seeking? Because I cannot, for the life of me, figure it out. Nothing anyone has said makes it clear to me that it's anything beyond whining about what you can't have. Oh, and blatant racism. Almost forgot about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies