Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 11:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You haven't said anything that you can defend yet.
And you are acting as if I said something I didn't.

Please reply to what I've actually said.

I've defended my stance numerous times throughout this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 11:53 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Another point of being principled: Accepting the known consequences of your actions.
He is pointing out that the kids who walked out should receive the same punishment as him.

That's what you do when you are subjected to rules you deem immoral/illogical: you force the powers that be to play by those same rules and apply them equally.

When they don't do that you've demonstrated that the rules were indeed immoral/illogical because if they were then they would be followed and applied equally unless some people (the walkouts) have more rights than others (the kid).

We don't want to say that do we?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He is pointing out that the kids who walked out should receive the same punishment as him.
He's wrong.

Quote:
That's what you do when you are subjected to rules you deem immoral/illogical: you force the powers that be to play by those same rules and apply them equally.
He didn't.

Quote:
When they don't do that you've demonstrated that the rules were indeed immoral/illogical because if they were then they would be followed and applied equally unless some people (the walkouts) have more rights than others (the kid).

We don't want to say that do we?

They don't.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Quote:
The Left want them installed as our omnipotent leaders.
Wrong again, these kids are the future leaders of this country.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
He's wrong.

He didn't.

They don't.
That's a whopping rebuttal.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wrong again, these kids are the future leaders of this country.
I don't need a leader.

You screw up your life. I'll screw up mine.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
That's a whopping rebuttal.

I've rebutted all of those points several times in this thread. I'm done repeating myself.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:02 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Then why are you and others complaining about it?
I'm noting again for I do not know how many times, I said that they can suspend him.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
I see. That's fair enough as long as you aren't arguing with his right to do it.

I like what he did. Cause as much chaos as possible in the face of illogical/immoral demands.

You know, the whole anarchy thing again.

Now how did you miss this since it came just before the sentence I wrote that you quoted? In fact, I restated this in the same sentence that you quoted.

From my post:

Quote:
He had a right to be difficult. It wasn't too bright, but he has the right. And they have a right to nail him for it.
It's very possible, given the fact that there was no reason for this kid to take this stand, that this is just the way this kid is. And you know, when you're a kid who argues every little thing, you become an adult who argues every little thing - just because you like to argue. Not because you're taking a stand - but because you're a d*ck.

Of all the hills for a student to die on where school and teachers are concerned, this wouldn't have made my long list.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Now how did you miss this since it came just before the sentence I wrote that you quoted? In fact, I restated this in the same sentence that you quoted

From my post:

It's very possible, given the fact that there was no reason for this kid to take this stand, that this is just the way this kid is. And you know, when you're a kid who argues every little thing, you become an adult who argues every little thing - just because you like to argue. Not because you're taking a stand - but because you're a d*ck.

Of all the hills for a student to die on where school and teachers are concerned, this wouldn't have made my long list.
Let's not lose our heads. Just reiterating the point of his right to do it.

The world can use a few more troublemakers. I'll hire him if he keeps this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies