Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It’s called common sense. Everyone knows the investigation has been hyped all out of proportion to what they can deliver. Even SNL is aware now. This is called spin, and people cfan tell.
Everyone also knows that the use of "everyone knows" in debate is an indicator of a very weak stance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 09:55 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Unless one of you is Robert Mueller, these claims that there is no evidence of anything just makes you look ridiculous. No one knows what evidence Mueller has, he has made sure of that.

well, maybe Donald Trump does, which of course explains why he's been so upset all along and desperate to find a way to fire Mueller that won't make him look like Nixon conducting the Saturday Night Massacre. Hmmm, why would he be so eager to try to pull the plug? What possible reason could explain that?
You are 180 degrees out of phase. In this country, I thought people were innocent first until they are proven as guilty. If there is no evidence, innocence. That's it.

I know we don't know what Mueller has for evidence. We do know what he doesn't have... And that's any evidence of Trump colluding with Ruusia, because the rabid propagandists in the media would pounce on it immediately.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Trump is innocent until proven guilty.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:45 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The smoke is so thick you can cut it with a knifesky.
Put down the bong.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:26 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Put down the bong.
You mean the bongsky?

Old 03-17-2018, 12:52 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Liberals have turned this into a **** show. I never thought I would see such stupidity in my entire life. What worse is the number of brain dead liberal voters that actually believe this insanity. You have CNN,MSNBC and other stations just spewing whatever garbage they want to spew that day and liberal voters are digging in the bottom of the garbage can to eat more.

The moment the inspector generals report comes out this whole shot show is going to turn into a very very very big legal problems for A LOT of Obama’s administration officials and I suspect the chief village idiot himself Obama.

The Democratic Party has completely lost their minds and forgot about middle class America. Hell, Democratic voters are supporting a party that tells them bringing in cheap labor to take THEIR JOBS is ok and they continue to vote democrat? Obama doubles the debit by 10 trillion and they think trump can reduce it in a year. Hell, Democrats has the house for how many years and NEVER passed a budget?

Old 03-17-2018, 01:01 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are 180 degrees out of phase. In this country, I thought people were innocent first until they are proven as guilty.

Then stop screaming "there is nothing stop the investigation" until Mueller himself agrees there is nothing.

Why are you so upset that it's being looked into? If there is nothing then nothing will come of this.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
It sounds like he's venting frustration with the partisanship within Congress and how there is soo much divisiveness within the committees that nothing is getting done to properly represent the Americans who elected them to serve us.
This is exactly what I got out of this quote too.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:53 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
I think the difference is that Nixon was actually guilty.

Trump was never in any danger of being guilty - despite the gossip from the propaganda media.

I will say this - we did weed out a few Russian operatives in the Trump circle. They probably existed in the Clinton camp as well.
What was Nixon guilty of? Not the break-in, but participating in a cover-up and obstructing justice, through lies, political pressure and firing anyone who got close to the truth. Sound familiar?

Trey Gowdy, who I normally can't stand, actually said something worthwhile yesterday: "If you're really innocent, then act like it!" So far, Trump is acting exactly like someone who is guilty. I'm open to the possibility that this is just stupidity on his part, but we need the investigation to tell us this.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
You are 180 degrees out of phase. In this country, I thought people were innocent first until they are proven as guilty. If there is no evidence, innocence. That's it.

I know we don't know what Mueller has for evidence. We do know what he doesn't have... And that's any evidence of Trump colluding with Ruusia, because the rabid propagandists in the media would pounce on it immediately.

Thanks for reminding us. We'll have a better idea of guilt and innocence when the indictments are unsealed.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:

I never said he was guilty either, I just said that making statements that he's innocent while the investigation is ongoing is incorrect because we do not know what evidence exists. Only the person conducting the investigation does. It's as much pre-judging to assume the evidence shows innocence. Yes, legally, someone is innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't mean they are exempt from being investigated to see if there is evidence to prove guilt. We know that Mueller has areas he needs to look into to make this determination and it doesn't matter whether Trump is unhappy about that and having twitter temper tantrums over it.

And of course to most rational people, the fact that Trump is having these tantrums makes it seem more likely than not that he is afraid of evidence of wrong doing on his part being uncovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies