Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 05:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
What are the facts that are hidden?
One fact might be that McCabe was in charge of an FBI investigation into whether or not Jeff Sessions should be prosecuted for lying to Congress when he was caught 3 times testifying about his campaign relations w/Russians and was found to be caught out---and misrepresenting the truth of his actions/discussions...

That came out today in news story I heard...
Maybe Sessions might have some animosity about that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 05:52 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Sessions has talked with Mueller. I wonder if he’s flipped against Trump?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Sessions is supposed to be respected by Senators on both sides of the aisle after all his years in the Senate
I find that hard to believe when they know his actions as State AG and some of the things he championed in the Senate
The fact that he has spoken with Mueller to me doesn't mean he has rolled
And frankly I wouldn't trust him to tell the truth about anything
He lied 3 times in the hearings to his own former colleagues...about his contact with the Russians
He is as bad as Trump--just not as much hair...

Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
One fact might be that McCabe was in charge of an FBI investigation into whether or not Jeff Sessions should be prosecuted for lying to Congress when he was caught 3 times testifying about his campaign relations w/Russians and was found to be caught out---and misrepresenting the truth of his actions/discussions...

I was just reading that.

According to the sources, McCabe authorized the criminal inquiry after a top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, and then-Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., wrote a letter in March 2017 to the FBI urging agents to investigate "all contacts" Sessions may have had with Russians, and "whether any laws were broken in the course of those contacts or in any subsequent discussion of whether they occurred."

It's unclear how actively federal authorities pursued the matter in the months before Sessions' interview with Mueller’s investigators. It's also unclear whether the special counsel may still be pursuing other matters related to Sessions and statements he has made to Congress – or others – since his confirmation.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exclusive-...opstories.html

Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I don't know about the issue being symptomatic of the Deep State, but the article sure is symptomatic of journalistic illegitimacy.

Pilgrim has accurately transcribed the lead sentence of the March 17, 2018 article but the text of the article does not support that take away.

The lawsuit was just filed two months ago. No mention in the article of any actual judicial decision or order.
I always wonder when Fox news interprets something without the original statement. I can’t find the judges ruling anywhere and question that they would allow the release of all McCabe's emails.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:21 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
More desperation. The article lefties are quoting, cites an unnamed source, who also says quite clearly that Sessions never knew he was under investigation and of course, he was eventually cleared of any wrongdoing.

It's a cute trick though, for the dirty cops to open investigations into the only people that can hold them accountable. There's a war going on the intelligence community and this is just the tip of the iceberg for the dirty tricks. Like Chuck Schumer said the IC has seven ways to Sunday to get you if you make them mad. The ultimate dirty cops. Luckily we have a President brave enough to take them down.

btw: Notice it's ABC News leaking on behalf of McCabe. Judicial Watch recently got documents declassified that show after the FBI coordinated the meeting tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton (holding his plane late until Lynch could get there), that it was the chief of ABC News who emailed McCabe/Strzok/Page et al. to alert them to the leak about the story. Why would ABC News emailing the FBI top brass to give them a heads up? Why does the ABC News exec have all of the top FBI brass emails in his Rolodex? Why does ABC News keep popping up wherever the dirty FBI brass needs a solid?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-f...ry?id=53914006

"Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.

Last year, several top Republican and Democratic lawmakers were informed of the probe during a closed-door briefing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and McCabe, ABC News was told."

Old 03-21-2018, 10:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
He knew.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:09 AM

669 posts, read 320,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

It came from the same ABC Article Sessions had no knowledge of that investigation. That referral came from 2 Democratic Senators. Much like how Sessions acted on the advice of others (FBI's own in internal compliance basically) in firing McCabe.

Mueller has cleared Sessions of any sort of 'wrong doing' regarding testimony to Congress regarding Russia.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:13 AM

669 posts, read 320,996 times
Think of how McCabe was essentially fired after Wray read the Nunes memo. He was walked out by 2 FBI agents and did not return for a routine weekly meeting. By all accounts, that is the same as getting fired in any other field. It just took 2 months to make it an official process. I do think though the timing was to mess with McCabe and get his hopes up which means IMO, he too has enemies in high places. McCabe played politics, and in this case, it burned him.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:33 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Mueller has cleared Sessions of any sort of 'wrong doing' regarding testimony to Congress regarding Russia.
Clearly, "I don't recall" works. No way to prove he intentionally "didn't recall." The whole country is learning well from these liars - and, of course, the master liar-in-chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies