Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 09:04 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sad stuff here... Maybe if he were treated like the first 44 presidents you would have a point. This has been almost a year and a half long tantrum we have been witnessing.
Yes, and I sure hope Trump stops with those soon. They're tiresome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Trump hides behind twitter? My gawd! He tweets using his real name and then says the same thing in public. That's not being a coward. That's being straightforward and uncensored. Real talk dog!
Shows his ignorance every time he does it too.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
You think a scripted press conference is real and truthful and him shooting his mouth off on twitter is fake...lies. I think you have that backwards...he doesn't think before he tweets...he seems to just let it fly.
Can you imagine if Obama had acted like him?

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
It's all because of that negative covfefe.

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
Quote:
You think a scripted press conference is real and truthful and him shooting his mouth off on twitter is fake...lies. I think you have that backwards...he doesn't think before he tweets...he seems to just let it fly.
Did you see the press conference he gave a few weeks after he was sworn in? He obviously didn't think ahead there.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:41 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Same way Presidents 1-44 did.

To suggest anything different with Trump suggests some sort of persecution complex. Would be classified as a mental illness, but I digress...
He can't do that....he really doesn't get a fair shake from the media for what ever reasons. Want to see my point? I'm going to use NPR because if that's not neutral I don't know what is. Here's NPR reporting about Nunes's memeo on 2/2:

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/02/58271...-investigation

What's included and what's not? Really? The title alone is bias....can you see that. What does that mean....what's not included? If it's not included, it's not part of their side of the story...regardless of what they did say. In other words, regardless of what Nunes's memo says, they already see it differently and question why it does mention the things that they believe.

Quote:
For one thing, the memo does not detail what other evidence, if any, the FBI and DOJ used to ask to authorize and sustain surveillance of Page. It also does not make clear that the FISA court only reauthorizes warrants in cases that are yielding intelligence.
So what...are they reporting what his memo says or making a case for why is inaccurate? That's what the democrat memo is suppose to do, not the journalist. It doesn't mention other documents used...ok...the point one that was used is BS and everybody knows it. It must have been yielding evidence or it wouldn't have been renewed? So we don't know what it was yielding but, how about this. Page has definitely been contacting the Russians and we need to renew the wiretap to see what develops from it. That would be an example of yielding intelligence wouldn't it? I mean if he hadn't spoken to them the entire time, that would be reason not to renew it but, since he has, renew it.

I'm not sure what the last paragraph means

[QUOTEThe story has been told before, but the Nunes memo confirms for the first time that the Russia probe began with Papadopoulos and not with other evidence, including the unverified Steele dossier. The dossier was used later as part of an application for a warrant to conduct surveillance on another Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page, according to the document.][/quote]

I don't know why it says ANOTHER campaign adviser, Carter Page....unless the article is suggesting the Republican's were claiming the dossier started the investigation and it was used to authorize surveillance on Papadopoulos rather than Page....all I ever hear is Page, Page, Page!

Here's the story from NPR on 2/26 when the Democrat's gave their version:

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/26/58458...ntel-committee

Wait a minute, what happened to "What it says and what it doesn't say". That turned into "Fact checked"......not questioned about what it doesn't says but fact checked. Fact checked by who? Phillip Ewing, the NPR National Security Editor...lol. I can't find who the journalist is that wrote this article but, I have a feeling it's Phillip Ewing...lol. He fact checked his own report with his version of fact checking....I think.

What ever, the point is the Democrat memo is supported 100% by the journalist who reposted it compared to Nunes's memo which questioned what wasn't included.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Twitter is not the problem. It is the content of WHAT he tweets. His weird attacks and the contradictions. Remember, for every trump tweet there is a previous tweet contradicting a previous tweet. I am more alarmed by the insight into his thoughts. Unpresidential is actually a kind discription of his tweets.
Like I said it's about what would have past presidents tweeted if they could....remembering all his comments are off the top of his head with no filter..... I think past presidents have been more "Presidential" but, if they had twitter they would have blown off some crazy stuff from time to time. Maybe not like him but, if they had access, they all would have raised eyebrows... like when they drank or were pi**ed about something.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:56 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Directly from his mouth via a Press Conference. Something Trump is afraid of. He hides behind Twitter. He's a coward.
Actually anybody who "tweets" their every waking thought I consider a "scatter brain" which is what he is.

President Obama didn't even get on Twitter until late in his presidency but he is a careful orator and thinks a lot before what he was going to communicate instead.

Even Kim Kardashian has better control over her "tweets" !

Old 03-17-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
It is the perfect form of communication for a serial liar.
It s one way.
No questions.

As soon as he gets in front of questioner s, he gets tangled up in lies.
Huckaby Sanders is his surrogate liar. She s going to hell in a hand basket.
Quote:
By president: Total / average per month:

Obama - 163 / 1.72
George W. Bush - 210 / 2.18
Bill Clinton - 193 / 2.01
George H. W. Bush - 137 2.85
Reagan - 46 / 0.48
Carter- 59 / 1.23
Ford - 40 / 1.36
Nixon - 39 /0.59
Lyndon B. Johnson - 135 /2.18
JFK - 65 /1.91
Eisenhower - 193 /2.01
Truman - 324 / 3.48
Franklin Roosevelt - 1,020/ 7.0
Hoover - 268 / 5.58
Coolidge - 407 / 6.07
https://www.quora.com/How-many-press...-taking-office

Some presidents give them more than others. Back in the day it was the only way a president had for communicating with public.....radio but, very few TV's then.

Trump has only had one but, I don't think he's hiding from the press......it's best he lets Huckabee do it, if he did it more often, it would just be a lot of fighting and yelling.....that lady keeps her cool...she sounds like a robot.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:01 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Like I said it's about what would have past presidents tweeted if they could....remembering all his comments are off the top of his head with no filter..... I think past presidents have been more "Presidential" but, if they had twitter they would have blown off some crazy stuff from time to time. Maybe not like him but, if they had access, they all would have raised eyebrows... like when they drank or were pi**ed about something.
.....you are not making a case whatsoever for Presidential tweeting to be a good thing (as thus far used), much less the name calling/insults/lying and all the other things that happen at @realdonaldtrump. There are plenty of former presidents and all sorts of other government people/CEOs/famous people and so on who manage to not make fools of themselves on social media
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies