Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Fox News is just as unreliable as CNN. It is not shocking you would trust Trump's tweets as real news because his tweets are based mostly on Fox News.
It's circular news: Trump watches Fox News and tweets about it. Fox News reports on his tweets; Rinse and repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 10:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I love President Trump's Tweets as it is Real News and not fake, made up news.

I personally only trust FOX News, conservative news sites that are loud and proud of being Republican and President Trump's Tweets.

I do sometimes read liberal news sites though but I don't ever utilize it as a real and reliable news source.
Lol...

Old 03-17-2018, 10:07 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
He can't do that....he really doesn't get a fair shake from the media for what ever reasons.
It's not just the media. You say this like he's made every effort to be taken seriously, during the election or after, when he was already carrying on a war with the media who gave him the exposure he needed to become the president in the first place.

Let me put this in more succinct terms. Without the mainstream news media, Donald Trump could never have become president. He would have been brushed off like any other celebrity candidate.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:08 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Can you imagine if Obama had acted like him?
No I couldn't !.......ever !

Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 PM

GW Bush's contempt for the media could barely be contained in his expressions during press conferences, but he dealt with them like a man and like a president.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:13 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Here's the difference between Trump and everyone else in Washington. Everyone else, lies like a politician, they carefully omit the other half of the story and their base falls for it every time.....they trust unconditionally. Trump is not a politician, he's a business man and when he lies he lies like a salesman. I can actually deal with that better than a politician. I don't the whole story when a politician explains something.....with Trump, I can tell what what's exaggeration and I ignore it and pay attention to what he's trying to say....ignore the BS and move on....it's not going to change.

Bush used to talk out of the side of his mouth....hated it but, got past it.

Obama had an ego too, not like Trumps but, he had one.....When he spoke I heard a lot of I....I....I...I...I and a lot of ah...ah....ah...ah between thoughts....I hated it but, got past it.

Complaining like it's grounds for impeachment is crazy.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So he can be badgered directly on a regular basis.... Please.

You wouldn't do it either. He does have a job to do.
It's what presidents do.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:17 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's not just the media. You say this like he's made every effort to be taken seriously, during the election or after, when he was already carrying on a war with the media who gave him the exposure he needed to become the president in the first place.

Let me put this in more succinct terms. Without the mainstream news media, Donald Trump could never have become president. He would have been brushed off like any other celebrity candidate.
Well actually the Main stream media loved him until it became clear he was a serious threat and it came down to him or Hillary. At first Hilllary was shelling out money like crazy for campaign ads and Trump was getting tons of free media coverage. His show had good ratings (I never watched it) and he was friends with the network.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sad stuff here... Maybe if he were treated like the first 44 presidents you would have a point. This has been almost a year and a half long tantrum we have been witnessing.
You mean like "Monkey boy" was treated?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Well actually the Main stream media loved him until it became clear he was a serious threat
Without the MSM, he never would have reached that critical mass, and it's not like they started ignoring him after he did.

Basically, the media is the father of Trump's political life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies