Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 05:31 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
People need to understand that Trump-Russia collusion was a fairy tale that was sold to you by the liberal news media. It’s really a continuation of the fairy tale that said Hillary had a 95% chance of winning the election.

I hate to say it, but you have been duped, again.

Oh, sure ! Donnie Jr and the rest of them were in that meeting in NYC with the Russians to talk about the weather ! (and you say we are the ones who believe in fairy tales! )

Old 03-18-2018, 05:45 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And the handsome Prince married the beautiful Princess, and they lived happily ever after !

I don't know about my other Democrat buddies on here, but I would GLADLY take Pence. He is no Prince, but a monkey on crack would be preferable to Donald Trump.
Pence was in the campaign and headed up the transition team. Whether he emerges from this remains to be seen.

The way Pence interjects how he knew nothing about any of this at any pause in a conversation leads many to believe that he doth protest too much.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:49 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Trump isn't going anywhere for the next seven years. Progressive's head explode.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:51 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Defending Nixon and a guy who could have obstructed the investigation into a hostile foreign government's involvement in our election all in one post.

Awesome.
Politics is a dirty rotten business and I want leaders that get great results like Nixon and Trump versus ineffectual Presidents like Carter and Obama.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Keep in mind Democrats have been saying Trump would be impeached before he was sworn in and every day since so.

Just remember that if Democrats gain the majority and impeach Trump, this will happen every time the minority party wins from now on in the mid terms, all Presidents will be impeached.
Yep. The GOP Congressmen are probably already launching impeachment proceedings against the next Democratic president. Doesn't matter who it is, just leave the name blank. That's how this game is played now.

Also, many people forget that just because a president is impeached doesn't mean he would leave office. Bill Clinton was impeached and never left office.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:01 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Nah, Donald Trump is a special kind of sleazy. And it permeates every aspect of his life.

The parties will vet their candidates from now on so that their won't be this kind of ammunition.

This deal will sort of be like when Doc Brown and Marty fixed Hill Valley in Back to the Future II. Donald Trump is the real life version of Biff Tannen in that particular film.
You think the parties don't vet their candidates already? The GOP did everything they could to ensure Trump didn't get the nomination because they, like the Clinton branch of the corporate Democrats don't want anyone upsetting their financial apple cart. It was the GOP that wanted Trump, it was America.

Also, any liberal (which most Democrats are not) would not be celebrating the idea of the party deciding the candidate over the voters. The DNC did that against Bernie Sanders (for the same reasons the Never-Trumpers did it to Trump) and it cost them the election.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:07 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The Clinton impeachment was payback for the Nixon impeachment but both were very undeserved as is the harangue of Democrats about Trump. In no previous impeachment has it been so obvious that it was politically based as this call to impeach Trump before he took office and every day since.
And what's the point of voting anymore if they are just going to play games, and the only thing they agree on is to strip Americans more of their rights with every bill that passes.

It's looking more and more like we need another revolution, and to get fresh blood in the system that has no ties to any big corporation or some elite family. The way things are going, I feel like we are still under some sort of Monarchy control. These elite and powerful families are creating bigger and bigger monopolies, breaking laws left and right, and nothing is being done to them. Nothing.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:10 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I give him a little bit longer but I agree that he will quit.

Too much pressure from all sides making it extremely unpleasant for him. His marriage will fall apart and that may be his ultimate undoing. I don't want Pence but that's probably who we'll get.
So, you actually believe tRump cares about his marriage??? I’m sure his prenup protects him from losing too much to Melania. As the ultimate narcissist, he cannot have any emotional attachment to her. Why would the end of his marriage be his unraveling? I don’t seee tRump resigning. If nothing else, he’s not a quitter and he lives for conflict. He has no concept of happiness, he lives to wield power over others. He will never give that up willingly. We have 3 more years with a liar leading our country, unless he dies first. Still, as much as I loathe him, it’s better than Pence.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:18 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Democrats won’t have to worry. Trump is his own worst enemy.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Democrats will still get Pense.
Trump quit not happening.
Trump will serve 2 terms and go down one of greatest presidents.
Sorry can't see it happening and this is coming from a guy who voted for Trump without any hesitation.
The way things are going now, he will be lucky to get in a full first term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies