Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 07:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times

Advertisements

If the democrats succeed with ousting Trump
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
They will still lose biggly.
False premise.

The statement should be: "if patriots succeed with ousting Trump ... ", although actually the goal is just truth and good governance. The investigations are all headed up by Republican patriots, who put country and honor above party. The Democrats will give them the bi-partisan support they need to carry on.

Criminality vs honesty is not a partisan issue, and should not be seen that way.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Keep in mind Democrats have been saying Trump would be impeached before he was sworn in and every day since so.
I have to say it was easy to see this train wreck coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Just remember that if Democrats gain the majority and impeach Trump, this will happen every time the minority party wins from now on in the mid terms, all Presidents will be impeached.
I disagree.

First, the president would have to be a criminal, or extremely incompetent. More often than not that is not the case.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:31 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
if people wasnt so down right hateful and actually complain about what he done in office instead of making stuff up daily. you see he a decent pres, yes hes an a hole but really has done some good work

I guess it boils down to your definition of a decent president. His shining accomplishment is Gorsuch and conservative judges that have successfully defunded planned parenthood. It's a win for his evangelical base, but it sets women back.

The tax cut was a big win for the rich with crumbs for the rest. It blows up the deficit at the expense of the middle class. What do you think will happen in the next decade or less with the deficit out of control? Do you think the rich with their permanent tax breaks will suffer or do you think the middle class with their tax breaks that will expire will suffer?

Deregulation anyone? Yes it can create jobs but at what cost? The clean air we breath? The clean water we drink? Who benefits from the deregulation? The banks? A few coal jobs? Yes there are beneficiaries but are those beneficiaries a minority or a majority? I vote minority. Are they Trump cronies?

The stock market. Do presidents really control the stock market? How do they do that with nearly 50% of the money coming from global sources. Yes it dropped 10% when Trump announced a trade war is brewing. Does anyone really believe that one year in office created those record high stock market gains?

I do agree with his immigration policies. No one should be here breaking our rule of law. Sanctuary cities are just plain wrong. We have to understand why sanctuary cities exist. Follow the money and read about how much California depends on illegal workers.

Isis is nearly defeated. Yes a win, but with a whole lot more civilian casualties.

The Keystone and Dakota pipelines are a big win for some and a possible environmental catastrophe.
There has to be a balance between industry and the environment. Just look at all of the pristine lakes that have mercury warnings and guidelines for fish consumption. Our own Lake Michigan is a classic example. It should be used as a source of food but Trump is still pushing to defund the Great Lakes clean up fund.

Trump a great president? Maybe for a select few. For the rest he's a nightmare. Including the rest of the world. Putin is smiling.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:13 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I give him a little bit longer but I agree that he will quit.

Too much pressure from all sides making it extremely unpleasant for him. His marriage will fall apart and that may be his ultimate undoing. I don't want Pence but that's probably who we'll get.
Not a fan of Trump nor his biggest hater so I am watching all of this objectively unlike many here.

This is his 3rd marriage. Its not like he married his high school sweetheart. And if the Stormy Daniels story is true he is not all that devoted to his current wife. So no Trump will not resign if his marriage goes south. How many guys quit their jobs over a divorce?

He seems to be handing the pressure fine. Its the little jabs that seem to bother him not the big stuff. I only see him quiting if its removal from office is a certainty as it was for Nixon. Short of that he will stick around like Clinton did.

Reading the tea leaves I do see him at least trying to fire Mueller. And if that happens all bets are off. However the left might get President Pence and will likely regret not just letting things run their course.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
It won't be the Democrats 'ousting' Trump. They are not in power. It will be the Republicans. Just as it is that REPUBLICANS are leading the investigations.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:38 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
However the left might get President Pence and will likely regret not just letting things run their course.
The people regretting a President Pence won't be the left. It will be the WWC Trump base getting stuck with another pro-corporate free trader establishment in charge. It will be Trump's base which gets screwed.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:41 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump isn't going anywhere for the next seven years. Progressive's head explode.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:43 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Democrats would need more than the majority to remove Trump from office. I get the impression by some of the posts here that most people do not understand the process.

Impeaching Trump does nothing as was the case when Clinton was impeached. 2/3rds of the senate would have to uphold the house's impeachment vote to convict. That is where the GOP failed with Clinton and likely where the Dem's will fail with Trump.

They also assume every Dem would vote to impeach

Not all Dems are far left unhinged wackos

Old 03-18-2018, 09:50 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Even if Trump quits, Hillary will never be President.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:54 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Democrats will try to destroy all of Trump's family. They sent the powder to his daughter-in-law to scare her to death. The left is full of hate because the MSM portrays Trump as the worst man on Earth. If the MSM wanted to, they could get the left to hate anyone including Mother Theresa, the pope, Billy Graham,and Jesus to the easily led who feed on hate. They could be led to hate Obama and Hillary if the MSM pounded their image every day.
Uh no, Trump does this stuff all to himself, lol, but nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies