Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 01:07 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he did. FOX reported he signed a waiver.
I bet he signed that waiver when they were going on Fox TV to be talking heads and say positive stuff about Trump
That is NOT the same thing as working as Trump's attorney on the Russia investigation defense team
She has been his attorney for a month or more---long before Trump tried to hire them for his defense team
You often sign a "generic" waiver when you take on an attorney who has a wide client list that might infringe at some point on your case tangentially....but not specifically...

Old 03-25-2018, 01:14 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I bet he signed that waiver when they were going on Fox TV to be talking heads and say positive stuff about Trump
That is NOT the same thing as working as Trump's attorney on the Russia investigation defense team
he specifically cited them representing trump:

“I signed a waiver acknowledging I see no potential conflicts with their representation of the President,” Corallo told Fox News in an email on Thursday,..."

Victoria Toensing joins husband Joseph diGenova on Trump's legal team in Russia probe | Fox News

Old 03-25-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Also, just a tip to the President: It might not be a genius idea to blame lawyers for billing more as being "unfair to our great country" on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...75057572745216
He is so stupid, he might really think the federal Govt is paying for his private attorneys--
Maybe that is why he signed the spending bill---

And just my puzzling question but what do you think his attorneys ARE doing in his defense???
Who are THEY interviewing?
What documents are they reviewing to prove Trump is innocent???
Mueller hasn't really given them any indication of what he is doing except for the rare public announcements, the guilty pleas, the questions the Prez has asked people about their testimonies....

How long can you spend asking Trump questions when you can't trust a word he says anyway???

Old 03-25-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he specifically cited her representing trump:

“I signed a waiver acknowledging I see no potential conflicts with their representation of the President,” Corallo told Fox News in an email on Thursday,..."

Victoria Toensing joins husband Joseph diGenova on Trump's legal team in Russia probe | Fox News
Yes
I saw after I posted that his statement was Thursday

Maybe some of Trump's thinking attorneys--like Ty Cobb--just wanted to be super careful about any "perceived" conflict of interest---

Old 03-25-2018, 01:24 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
According to Maggie Haberman, no law firm wants to work for Trump because they know he stiffs all his lawyers. They don't mind taking on clients with a terrible public image but not one who has almost never paid his lawyers

Old 03-25-2018, 01:44 PM

267 posts, read 122,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump
Fame & fortune will NEVER be turned down by a lawyer, though some are conflicted.
He’s stuck in the 80’s.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:53 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I suspect that his attorney friends urged him not to take this position on the Titanic.

Ty Cobb's former business partner is urging him to resign while he still has some shred of his reputation left.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ps-down-479417

Not to worry, Trump is tweeting out that lots of top law firms want to represent him.
Like famed K St. law firm Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:00 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
According to Maggie Haberman, no law firm wants to work for Trump because they know he stiffs all his lawyers. They don't mind taking on clients with a terrible public image but not one who has almost never paid his lawyers
Everyone has to draw the line somewhere.

Trump not only doesn't pay his attorneys, but attorney Cohen ended up mortgaging his house to pay hush money for Trump.

Also, Trump is playing a losing hand. The latest attorneys left as soon as they saw what was what.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Also, just a tip to the President: It might not be a genius idea to blame lawyers for billing more as being "unfair to our great country" on Twitter.

Also, if you're happy with your current team, why are you shopping for more lawyers then?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...75057572745216
Wait a minute....I though these lawyers were being paid for by trump, not us taxpayers??? Why does trump say in tweet that lawyers charging more billing hours is unfair to the country???

Old 03-25-2018, 02:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Wait a minute....I though these lawyers were being paid for by trump, not us taxpayers??? Why does trump say in tweet that lawyers charging more billing hours is unfair to the country???
Now that's a good question. American taxpayers shouldn't have to put up one thin dime for Trump's legal defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies