Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

Anyone who would do what this man was found guilty of has no shame. Therefore the signs on his house and car of little consequence to him.
Perhaps a more appropriate punishment would have been making him wear a sign around his neck. Sex offender and then tie him to the railroad tracks in time for the next freight train to pass.
Isn't that more like what we should do to sex offenders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,795 times
Requiring a decal on his car is a bit overboard and potentially dangerous, in my opinion. However, I agree that he should have signs around his home.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
What do you think about this idea??

Under a judge's order, a man who has admitted molesting a boy has posted signs around his house and a decal on his car proclaiming that he is a sex offender.The hand-painted signs reading "A Sex Offender Lives Here" are posted on all four sides of Leroy Schad's white house in this central Kansas town of only about 150 people. His vehicle has a large decal with bold yellow lettering reading "Sex Offender In This Car."

Kansas judge orders sex offender to post sign proclaiming his crime

It's about time..............Carrie

Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 AM

157 posts, read 310,021 times
Default Logic

The CHILDREN in this case got the worst sentence. Having to go through life remembering what this #^*# done to them. As far as signs, it warns other children he could prey on. Poor guy. No! He shouldn't have done what he did. I feel no sorrow for his creep. I feel sorry for his victims.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:16 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
It's about time the justice system started doling out punishments like this. I don't feel sorry for the monster at all. Anyone who could look at a young child and even THINK of them in a sexual way let alone actually have their way with them sexually should be SHOT between his/her legs! How anyone can feel sorry for the pond scum criminals like this is beyond me. My compassion has limits!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Considering that this form of sexual deviance is impossible to stop and/or cure and these individuals will always be a threat to the potential victims, I think that society should, with regret, just execute the individual as a policy of pest control. There are some freedoms, like the freedom to exist as a terrible threat, that society has a duty to remove. Execution is a permanent way to remove the threat of these deviants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies