Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 12:41 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
The SJW movement talks about a wage gap but I would argue there's a huge responsibility gap, meaning that women will often get in less trouble or no trouble for things a man would be in serious trouble for. Do you think this is true, and if so should the SJWs be focusing on this as well?

Some examples would include bias towards women in courts during custody hearings, getting MUCH lighter prison sentences for the same crimes, much easier time acquiring welfare, section 8, habitat for humanity, and other social programs, and things of that sort.

Should there be truly equal rights with truly equal consequences to actions?
I think it's true but not in the sense between men and women. It's more so between those who exercise common sense, better judgment and a moral compass and those who don't do any of the above. Give jobs to those who don't have any of those traits and you got the mess we have today. Bridges that fall down and kill people, car crashes, etc. etc. Give morons a means to buy stuff and they end up killing themselves and / or other's around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 01:48 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
agreed

Quote:
The SJW movement talks about a wage gap but I would argue there's a huge responsibility gap, meaning that women will often get in less trouble or no trouble for things a man would be in serious trouble for. Do you think this is true, and if so should the SJWs be focusing on this as well?

Some examples would include bias towards women in courts during custody hearings, getting MUCH lighter prison sentences for the same crimes, much easier time acquiring welfare, section 8, habitat for humanity, and other social programs, and things of that sort.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:49 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
and why is Dad nowhere in the picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
The reason more women qualify for welfare, section 8 and other welfare programs is because they have minor children. Kids that should be provided for by BOTH parents but Dad is nowhere in the picture. Care to discuss that lack of responsibility??

Old 03-20-2018, 02:14 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and why is Dad nowhere in the picture?
Why is Dad nowhere in the picture?
I'm sure there is more than one reason, or excuse. That doesn't change the fact that more mothers than fathers end up caring for the kids both physically and financially thus more mothers receive government benefits.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:

Single fathers have just as much access to social welfare programs and habitat for humanity as women do. Also they are social welfare programs so I don't get the "responsibility" part.

I also don't think that women get in less trouble or no trouble for things a man "would get in serious trouble for?"

Thought this was going to be about actual day to day responsibilities of men versus women.

OP if you actually did that, especially in regards to non-welfare consuming families - you'd find that women carry a much larger amount of responsibilities of men in their day to day lives as women work outside the home today and still are the primarily provider of childcare duties and household chores/cooking duties and errand running duties, etc. Women are much more responsible than you'd like to give them credit for.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:45 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Single fathers have just as much access to social welfare programs and habitat for humanity as women do.
wait, do you actually believe this?

Old 03-20-2018, 06:21 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
This thread make me glad to be single.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
because perjury and rape are not equivalent crimes therefore carry different punishments.
Perjury? I think that we can all agree that it goes beyond that. When you falsely accuse someone of a vile crime, you rob them of their lives, their credibility and dignity.
There should be a very real punishment for destroying someones life.
The newspapers have no problem plastering a suspects photo all over the front page. Damage done. No matter what happens after that the suspect (the actual victim) has to face a very hostile public.

I want all guilty rapists punished. I would not oppose the death penalty for rapes that included extreme violence. I think when its proven the woman or male lied about being raped that they receive the punishment the person they falsely accused would have received.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:51 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Perjury? I think that we can all agree that it goes beyond that. When you falsely accuse someone of a vile crime, you rob them of their lives, their credibility and dignity.
There should be a very real punishment for destroying someones life.
The newspapers have no problem plastering a suspects photo all over the front page. Damage done. No matter what happens after that the suspect (the actual victim) has to face a very hostile public.

I want all guilty rapists punished. I would not oppose the death penalty for rapes that included extreme violence. I think when its proven the woman or male lied about being raped that they receive the punishment the person they falsely accused would have received.
The only case I know where it was absolutely proven the woman lied was the Duke lacross team case. That woman was not prosecuted and years later murdered someone.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
This study did alot of those things. In some cases women earned more. IIRC a ton were in the 95% range
Agreed. What was discussed in the past was comparing apples to oranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies