Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times

Advertisements

Where would righties move to for a better life if the US was really going downhill? I think most of Europe is too cucked out and communist for them.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:52 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Show me an area of the US that looks like any of those Third World areas I just showed. I dare ya:
The pictures you showed me of the "worst" areas of the U.S. so happened to be the best parts of those cities. Maybe you should log off and go see for yourself. I'd suggest taking an Amtrak along the East Coast, or visit some of the boarded up small towns and trailer parks near where I live. Hell, you can go just about anywhere and find slums in America.

Go ahead, I dare ya.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian_investor View Post
Compton and East LA are the best parts of Los Angeles
Try reading comprehension.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:57 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The pictures you showed me of the "worst" areas of the U.S. so happened to be the best parts of those cities.
No, you are wrong. I deliberately went to the worst areas of those cities. If you can find me the worst area you can think of, show me. You have the link to Google maps.

Quote:
Maybe you should log off and go see for yourself. I'd suggest taking an Amtrak along the East Coast, or visit some of the boarded up small towns and trailer parks near where I live. Hell, you can go just about anywhere and find slums in America.

Go ahead, I dare ya.
I grew up in NJ and am extremely familiar with that whole part of the country, thank you. I even went to college in Newark, NJ for a couple years in the early 80's, when Newark was at its worst. And I even got mugged once! And even Newark in the early 80's looked absolutely nothing like those slums in Brazil. Not even remotely close.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
U.S. Has Regressed to Third World Status
The entire US isn't California.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:00 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
What do you expect when you import tons of third world immigrants???? you lower your social status....thats the master plan anyways... get use to it ... keep saving your precious metals ... the US dollar won't be propped up forever.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:01 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Claiming the world's lone superpower, with the worlds largest economy, with 35% more assets per capita than the next closest country(Despite having 350 million people), with the world's strongest military, the cultural mecca of the world is "3rd world" is a laugh out loud stupid statement.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian_investor View Post
Where else but Russia, where they would look to establish a white nationalist christo-fascist state under Dear Leader Putin.
Putin would see their vaunted individualism as a threat and have them in the gulag before their luggage caught up to them.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:13 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
I'll even give a little personal history lesson.

This spot right here is where I got mugged in the spring of 1983. I was going to school at Rutgers-Newark, and parking (without having to pay) was a pain. So for a while I decided to try to be adventurous and park on the streets in this general area here. It was largely surrounded by housing projects. To the west of MLK Drive there used to be another public housing project, the Columbus Apartments, which were a really bad, brick high-rise complex. From my parking space I would walk to school through those not-so-great areas. For maybe a month or so it was OK, though I certainly kept my eyes peeled. However, one day I was just about to walk under that freeway bridge when all of a sudden I felt two (very strong) arms wrap around me. A teenage ghetto thug and his friend had snuck up behind me (I didn't hear a thing) and one of them grabbed me and held me while the other frisked me. They were both only about 14 or 15 but both were already ... quite professional in their livelihood. I was terrified and kept saying, "I don't have any money! I don't have any money!" Which was actually true - I just had a little bit of change on me, some gas credit cards in my wallet, and that was about it. They grabbed everything out of my pocket and when they didn't find what they were looking for (money) they tossed it all aside, whacked me across the jaw and let me go. Needless to say, I never parked in that area again!

Anyway, point being, I am extremely familiar with one of the historically worse cities in the US. And no, I did not just ride through it on Amtrak, I actually walked the street of aforementioned city - every school day for almost two years. The worst parts of Newark back then looked maybe like this, except there were probably more boarded up buildings and maybe more trash. Nowadays it's not nearly as bad, in spite of still being "bad" by US standards. Which ISN'T that bad by world standards. And it never looked anything remotely like the slums you can find in any Third World country.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:29 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,747,929 times
A 3rd World?? The USA is the best Country to live in. We are the best in everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies