Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was right?
Neither were right, they were both wrong 35 26.32%
Trump was right, Obama was wrong 39 29.32%
Obama was right, Trump was wrong 57 42.86%
They were both right in what they said, neither was wrong 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 01:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
THere is the disconnect. I don't define my existence in monetary terms. Period. To each their own, but I would find that to be sad and pathetic. As judgemental as that may sound, I don't judge you for it, I just don't agree. I do think you'd be less bitter if you put more value on yours, and others existence than just dollars. I assume you don't have kids. At least I hope you don't.
Nor do I define my existence in monetary terms but like it or not it takes time to make money. Every time the government takes my money they take the time I spent working to make that money. I'd rather make less money and have more time, so instead of investing my money which would have meant working more to grow my business I cruised. Why would the gov't taking more money from me encourage me to work more?

The way gov't handles our money, your time would be better spent helping other people with your skill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
THere is the disconnect. I don't define my existence in monetary terms. Period. To each their own, but I would find that to be sad and pathetic. As judgemental as that may sound, I don't judge you for it, I just don't agree. I do think you'd be less bitter if you put more value on yours, and others existence than just dollars. I assume you don't have kids. At least I hope you don't.
The disconnect is I value my time more than you do because your willing to give it away to a gov't that is now over $20 trillion in debt because they can't handle our money well.

When you consider that our national debt has climbed to over $20 trillion and how irresponsible politicians have been handling our tax money, it’s hard to imagine why any taxpayer would believe that Uncle Sam’s ability to tax should be arbitrary and limitless.

But hey, more power to you if you don't mind giving your money (time) away.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:52 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The disconnect is I value my time more than you do because your willing to give it away to a gov't that is now over $20 trillion in debt because they can't handle our money well.

When you consider that our national debt has climbed to over $20 trillion and how irresponsible politicians have been handling our tax money, it’s hard to imagine why any taxpayer would believe that Uncle Sam’s ability to tax should be arbitrary and limitless.

But hey, more power to you if you don't mind giving your money (time) away.
The discussion is about who was right, Obama, Trump, neither or both. If you want to rail about how much you hate our country, either start a new thread to discuss it, or just MTFO (Move The F Out) if you really hate it here so much.

I'm done responding to anything other than the topic of this thread. (and getting really close to whoever it was who said "come back when it hit's 100 responses. That was likely you, or one of your mental clones.)

Old 03-21-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I agreed with the statement, but am never stoked about paying more taxes. I am happy to pay taxes that serve us well, I understand that taxes are spent foolishly at times, but I don't live a bitter life whining about it. I work my ass off to do the best I can for me and my family.
Every additional dollar you must pay to government represents more time away from your family and friends. Do you know of any politician that’s worth 40 percent of your life before you get to enjoy it? I don’t!

We all want protection from enemies, foreign and domestic, roads, infrastructure and programs that protect and promote the common good for everyone. But the gov't now over $20 trillion in debt hasn't done a very good job of handling our money.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:55 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If anyone was “angered” by someone pointing out that business owners benefit from infrastructure, then they have bigger problems than worrying about taxes
EVERYONE benefits from infrastructure, but the tax paying businesses, and tax paying individuals are the ones that BUILT THAT infrastructure.

Last edited by Pilot1; 03-21-2018 at 02:12 PM..

Old 03-21-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
The discussion is about who was right, Obama, Trump, neither or both. If you want to rail about how much you hate our country, either start a new thread to discuss it, or just MTFO (Move The F Out) if you really hate it here so much.

I'm done responding to anything other than the topic of this thread. (and getting really close to whoever it was who said "come back when it hit's 100 responses. That was likely you, or one of your mental clones.)
I thank God I was born and raised her, especially as a woman. In this country I have more rights than women in other countries. In this country there is so many opportunities but it is up to me to take action. The only thing that can stop me is to allow naysayers to convince me I can't do it or some politician to convince me I'm a victim.

As for gov't, we are supposed to employ "professionals" who can handle money but it's obvious the average American is better at handling money then the so called professionals. But why should they do a good job when they know they can put out some simple minded rhetoric that the people will buy into so gov't can gain support for taking more of our money (time)

Old 03-21-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:

Good, the gov't is over $20 Trillion in debt and needs more money, go spend more of your time to make more money.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
We all want protection from enemies, foreign and domestic, roads, infrastructure and programs that protect and promote the common good for everyone.
Except for you. You don't need any of that. You can do it alone.

Now excuse me, I have to go work for the government. Luckily, they have put me on the dole, I get about 70% given to me (effective tax-rate is less than 40%) as an "entitlement" to put food on the table, a roof over my head, and take the occasional vacation....

Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Now excuse me, I have to go work for the government. Luckily, they have put me on the dole, I get about 70% given to me (effective tax-rate is less than 40%) as an "entitlement" to put food on the table, a roof over my head, and take the occasional vacation....
Well then get moving

The gov't is over $20 Trillion in debt, you got that much time?

Old 03-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
But why should they do a good job when they know they can put out some simple minded rhetoric that the people will buy into
The irony is SCREAMING right now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies