Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was right?
Neither were right, they were both wrong 35 26.32%
Trump was right, Obama was wrong 39 29.32%
Obama was right, Trump was wrong 57 42.86%
They were both right in what they said, neither was wrong 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 10:59 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by steven_h
They were both wrong, however I prefer the results of the last 15 months over Obama's eight years. It's still too soon to judge Trump (though some judged him even before he took office) and only time will tell.

I don't miss having him lecturing Americans, not a bit. Glad he outed himself as a greedy Capitalist - after all was said and done he got into bed with big bad Wall Street. Cha-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Oh man I wish I could rep you over and over.

I have never seen someone jump into Wall St. lap faster than Obama did after he slammed them for 8 straight years. Even more mind-boggling is that Wall St. was fine with taking him in.
He slammed them in public to feed his followers hunger for blame, while in private he enriched them and his buddies more than they could have ever imagined possible, short of outright theft.

So, in reality he was always in bed with Wall Street, while the poor got poorer yet feeling all warm and fuzzy about their own plight... ignorance is bliss.

It's obvious that 40% of the voters in here truly never built a damn thing, because if they had they would have a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 06:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
They were both wrong, however I prefer the results of the last 15 months over Obama's eight years. It's still too soon to judge Trump (though some judged him even before he took office) and only time will tell.

I don't miss having him lecturing Americans, not a bit. Glad he outed himself as a greedy Capitalist - after all was said and done he got into bed with big bad Wall Street. Cha-Ching

He slammed them in public to feed his followers hunger for blame, while in private he enriched them and his buddies more than they could have ever imagined possible, short of outright theft.

So, in reality he was always in bed with Wall Street, while the poor got poorer yet feeling all warm and fuzzy about their own plight... ignorance is bliss.

It's obvious that 40% of the voters in here truly never built a damn thing, because if they had they would have a clue.
Victim Mentality --> feed his followers hunger for blame

Old 03-24-2018, 02:48 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So it puzzles me why the left support increasing the competition in the job market (illegal immigration) because you're giving more power to employers instead of forcing employers to raise wages to attract good employees.
For what? The immigrants do the jobs that no one else wants to do. I'm not for competition at all since I don't have a competitive bone in my body. I'd rather be the only one applying for a job and every job I had applied for throughout those 6 years of unemployment out of college was taken by another American. I obviously can't do anything about that because they are just as legal as I.

I know you obviously can't see it because you're too busy hating Obama but what is ruining the job market is not immigrants but technology. I love technology but it shouldn't be so prevalent in the job process. I was actually talking to a co-worker about this. She said that due to social media like Facebook people now feel the need to lie more than ever because they create fake profiles so now it's transcending to the corporate world like never before.
People who try to help me get a job have even told me to lie because they know that's how others get jobs today.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:47 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
While I think the statement "you didn't build that" is a little too overly simplified, the general point he was making stands. If you live in a society with other people, doesn't really matter what kind, no one truly acts entirely independently.

Contrast that with Trump's "I alone can fix it." I don't think that's true, but what's more, it should never be allowed to be proven true and anyone who wants it to be true is a coward who should feel nothing but shame for their miserable existence.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:52 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
They were both right. A president “can” fix a lot of thigs, it doesn’t mean that he will.
Is that what he said though?

Had he said "I can fix it," I'd not object. As you say, he could. He may or may not, but he could. But he didn't just express ability, he expressed that he ALONE can do it. That's very different. That's what a would be dictator would say, and what supporter of a dictator absolutely agree with (yes, I'm saying that anyone who would actually defend that statement supports dictatorship; they can moan about that all they want).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies