Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 04:21 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
First you said "well, the link doesn't work" and then you responded to mine saying "it doesn't download." As if there was a download. But I do see you've at least learned how to post links. Good on you, bub.

If you continue to be a smarta** then you're going to land on my ignore list. The link you provided would not load on my computer. Are you calling me a liar? I've always known how to post links. In fact I just posted two proving that visa over stayers are a far lower number than border jumpers as the one I had saved in my favorites didn't work anymore. Doesn't matter we need a wall to deter the latter and a better system to track the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 04:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you continue to be a smarta** then you're going to land on my ignore list.
Oh, please, whatever you do, don't do that. I really don't know if I could go on living.

Quote:
In fact I just posted two proving
Suggesting. Proof requires a little more scientific approach than I think we can manage in this particular format.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just because you can find desperate illegals with no rights and underpay them doesn't mean it's right or that people unwilling to work long, hard hours with no overtime, unsafe conditions etc. are the problem.

What we have here is similar to what became the impetus for the formation of modern unions. Except in this case, they're illegals so no need to worry about that pesky problem.

I guess if I can get some lady from Guatemala to live in my house and cook and clean for $5/day it's ok because I can't find an American to do the same job for $5/day.
If that lady agreed to it, why not?

Old 03-21-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, please, whatever you do, don't do that. I really don't know if I could go on living.

Suggesting. Proof requires a little more scientific approach than I think we can manage in this particular format.

Of course, anything that proves you wrong or doesn't fit your agenda aren't scientific facts according to you. Prove otherwise then. One of the links I provided was from Homeland Security but that isn't good enough for you? Just what points are you trying to make anyway? That there aren't still a significant number still jumping our border that we don't need a wall? I've already agreed with you that we need to track visa over stayers better. Do you just like to argue?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Of course, anything that proves you wrong or doesn't fit your agenda aren't scientific facts according to you. Prove otherwise then.
Right now we look like a couple of fools arguing in the religion sub about whether God exists or something else that can't be proven or disproven. Let's not do this.

There isn't a turnstile at the border. We have no idea how many illegal immigrants are actually here. How are either one of us going to "prove" anything?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Right now we look like a couple of fools arguing in the religion sub about whether God exists or something else that can't be proven or disproven. Let's not do this.

There isn't a turnstile at the border. We have no idea how many illegal immigrants are actually here. How are either one of us going to "prove" anything?

Who said anything about how many illegals are here? The discussion was about whether most were border jumpers or visa over stayers. There are estimates on illegal immigration out there on just about every part of this issue from viable sources. There doesn't have to be a turnstile on the border to give viable estimates on the number here and border jumpers vs visa over stayers. If you don't agree with them then so be it but we're not the experts and I don't claim to be one either. You had no problem posting links of your own, now did you?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about how many illegals are here?
You would have to at least have a reasonable estimate as to a raw number before we can reach any conclusions on percentages of overstayed visas (which we can more easily quantify) vs. wholly illegal border crossings. To ask me "who said anything about how many illegals are here?" would ignore the entire premise of our exchange. This might come as a shock to you, but I have more productive things to do than carry this on.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You would have to at least have a reasonable estimate as to a raw number before we can reach any conclusions on percentages of overstayed visas (which we can more easily quantify) vs. wholly illegal border crossings. To ask me "who said anything about how many illegals are here?" would ignore the entire premise of our exchange. This might come as a shock to you, but I have more productive things to do than carry this on.

The total number of illegals here has nothing to do with deciphering whether or not most are border jumpers or visa over stayers. You're off topic now just as you were in your prior post. Good, I hope you have more productive things to do because so do I rather than to banter back and forth and have my links ignored and my questions unanswered. People who do that are usually illegal alien supporters but they just won't admit it. Buh, bye, off to the dust bin you go.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
"What difference does it make?"
With a solid and credible source, we at least would know the assertion is accurate, and not just the figment of someone's mind. You know, like have the opinions pronounced here.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:34 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You can google, too, can't you?

Here's a starting point for you:

https://www.cnbc.com/id/49110815

You must have missed the stories that came out a few years back when AL and GA cracked down on illegals. The lamestream media found some whining farmers who lost their illegals. Never once did the so-called reporters ask them why they didn't use the guest worker visa. Bland Farms in GA uses this program. They had no problems getting their onions harvested.
A SIX year old article? Nope, that doesn't at all reflect any current situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies