Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 03:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Picking crops for a living is not a career job for Americans, however there are unlimited visa for legal, foreign crop pickers so you were saying? Most illegal aliens have taken jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage only 2% of illegal aliens are picking crops. Try again, big fail!

Did it when I was a kid...white half runners, tomatoes, cucumbers, cherries, etc.

Lots of kids doing the work, some adults, but no illegals in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 03:50 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Well, I posted a source, you didn't, and apparently nothing you click on works. I'd suggest running a scan on your machine. Some of those crackpot websites are sketchy.

You need a link proving that most illegal aliens who have come here have been border jumpers? Surely you jest! Get back with me when there isn't anyone crossing our border illegally today also. As I said, you made the claim that they aren't so now you prove it! What point are you trying to make anyway? That border jumping is down to zero so we don't need border security? WTH?

Old 03-21-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Did it when I was a kid...white half runners, tomatoes, cucumbers, cherries, etc.

Lots of kids doing the work, some adults, but no illegals in sight.

Of course and so did I. Adults and kids living in rural areas still do it but the point is that it's still not a career job and only seasonal work thus the unlimited visas for legal, foreign pickers.

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
You need a link proving that most illegal aliens who have come here have been border jumpers? Surely you jest! Get back with me when there isn't anyone crossing our border illegally today also. As I said, you made the claim that they aren't so now you prove it! What point are you trying to make anyway? That border jumping is down to zero so we don't need border security? WTH?
I actually obliged your request for at least some sort of source for my assertion. I guess the same is beneath you.

That's OK, I got you to quote Hillary, and that's just as good to me.

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Not to worry! No doubt, many Americans, including some on this forum that lack employment (as witnessed by their posting 300+ times per week), will head out to the fields, and gather up those vegetables.

It is as many have said: these illegals take jobs that Americans would gladly perform, given half a chance.

Haha, yep. We can't even get a lot of Americans to show up to cushy jobs in the a/c, and they would wilt if they ever had to do the hard work in broiling sun, that our legal and illegal residents do every day of the week.

We ain't seen nuthin' yet. When Trumps trade war kicks in, we are all going to be paying more for everything. Can't wait until some of our cheerleading MAGA members start seeing their Yuge tax cut going to pay for bread and milk, and everything else that will cost more.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Trump's policies? It is the law, not his policies. It is illegal to hire illegal immigrants for work. If legal workers have issues with it because of "intimidation", then that is their problem that they do not understand how enforcement of laws work, and they should condemn those who are here illegally while they took the time to be here legally.

Exactly!

Old 03-21-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I actually obliged your request for at least some sort of source for my assertion. I guess the same is beneath you.

That's OK, I got you to quote Hillary, and that's just as good to me.

And I obliged you with some links also. What Hillary quote are you talking about? She's one of the last people on earth I'd purposely quote on anything and what point are you trying to make by it?

Old 03-21-2018, 04:14 PM

Here are some links about visa over stayers. They don't begin to compare to the number who merely jumped our border illegally.

Homeland Security produces first estimate of foreign visitors to U.S. who overstay deadline to leave | Pew Research Center

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...nts-are-overs/

Old 03-21-2018, 04:16 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
And I obliged you with some links also
First you said "well, the link doesn't work" and then you responded to mine saying "it doesn't download." As if there was a download. But I do see you've at least learned how to post links. Good on you, bub.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Not to worry! No doubt, many Americans, including some on this forum that lack employment (as witnessed by their posting 300+ times per week), will head out to the fields, and gather up those vegetables.

It is as many have said: these illegals take jobs that Americans would gladly perform, given half a chance.
Convict labor. Work or starve. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies