Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 02:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm sympathetic to the Pauls but they are still statists.

At some point you have to realize you're chasing your own tail with "statist libertarianism" and dump the minarchist approach.

Sure I have hope for Rand like all the other statists that they will one day realize that anarchy/voluntarism is the only morally and logically consistent path.

All of us who have crossed over were once statists so I can't throw all my stones at him.
I'm fully convinced of two things:

-Ron is an ancap. I've heard enough of his speeches, seen enough of his web program, and read enough of his books to recognize it.

-Rand is a closet minarchist well on his way. He's just taking the path of least resistance.

By the way, Thomas Massie, U.S. Representative from Kentucky, is the most ancap politician I've ever seen. He was a Ron Paul delegate who ran for Congress and won. If you haven't heard of him, he's a badass. Dude lives off the grid and everything.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:17 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
republcians in congress are cowards.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:20 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
POTUS puts on a 50 billion dollar tariff on top of this. So much for the tax cut, consider it gone.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:22 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
POTUS puts on a 50 billion dollar tariff on top of this. So much for the tax cut, consider it gone.
Market didn't like it either.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:23 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No one knows what's in this bill that will fund government till 9/30/2018.

Guess they will have to pass it to find out.
And, the republicans are saying behind their hands... you gotta pass it to see what's in it. Sounds familiar.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:26 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Taxation is by definition theft, as it is not voluntary. It is taken by force, at the barrel of a gun, without consent, and we have no choice in the matter. Whether we want the services the government provides or not, we must pay for them regardless, and most of us would happily do without many, if not most, of the “services” provided by the government.

For example, I would happily opt of maintaining a worldwide military empire, while bombing a dozen different countries and murdering millions. I would also opt out funding the NSA’s voyeurism on our private communications.

In practice, taxation is a mafia protection racket.
You have a choice in the matter. Remember the saying "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime". So, do the crime. See how well that goes for ya, since you are not backed by the government's resources.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
And:

Dow lost 724 today, almost 3%.

FRB raised interest rates.

Quite a week.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm fully convinced of two things:

-Ron is an ancap. I've heard enough of his speeches, seen enough of his web program, and read enough of his books to recognize it.

-Rand is a closet minarchist well on his way. He's just taking the path of least resistance.

By the way, Thomas Massie, U.S. Representative from Kentucky, is the most ancap politician I've ever seen. He was a Ron Paul delegate who ran for Congress and won. If you haven't heard of him, he's a badass. Dude lives off the grid and everything.
You could be right on both of them.

I see "State agent" and I immediately recoil. I was a once a State agent myself so it's probably part of the healing process.

*Scene: numerous people sitting in folding chairs in a circle in an empty school gym holding styrofoam cups of coffee.

Me: Hi, I'm no_recess and it has been X years since I was an agent of the State.

Group: Hi no_recess!

I appreciate anyone trying to push for less State. No State being better. One day I think, hope, and dream that the State will be abolished.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian_investor View Post
Yep, the Obama good times are almost gone now. Prepare yourself for some terrible economic years until another Democrat is elected.
We still have the mid-terms.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You have a choice in the matter. Remember the saying "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime". So, do the crime. See how well that goes for ya, since you are not backed by the government's resources.
If to live freely you have to give up your freedom, then there is no choice.

It's truly amazing how you people bow down at the altar of the State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies