Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Insider Whistleblower.

Vox Popoli: Twitter's "Russia" bots are Google

Quote:
I work for Google. I’m not going to name the internal tech department for obvious reasons, I don't want anyone to pinpoint who I am. But I'm in tech, and work with Al. I’ll explain

My team and I created Al bots for Twitter. These bots are slightly different than regular Al bots, these are remote signal bots, but I'll explain what they do

My team and a "human intelligence" team, which is really just a propaganda team, work together to make certain topics trend, and persuade public opinion, which persuades political pressure. We do this by a groupthink method, we have a name for it internally, but "consensus cracking" is a more used name externally. But the bots we created, go into Twitter conversations and push a narrative. Some of the bots are verified accounts. And they start by arguing a point of view against someone, and then more bots join in and thumbs up the comment.

We are doing it with gun control now. More people see a “consensus" of gun control and people on the fence get persuaded to our narrative, and politicians get pressured by thinking it’s actual people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 08:47 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Insider Whistleblower.
anonymous, unverifiable comments on 4chan dont exactly count as 'whistle blowing'

is it true? i guess that depends solely on how badly you want to believe it.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:47 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
anonymous, unverifiable comments on 4chan dont exactly count as 'whistle blowing'
LOL!

Yeah... that's some flimsy "evidence."

Old 03-22-2018, 08:49 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
I work for Google ... My team and I created Al bots for Twitter.
Kinda sad if Twitter is having to hire Google to write its software.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How do we know it was not written by a Russian troll?

Sorry, but cowardly whistleblowers are just whistling in the wind. Come forward or go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies