Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:19 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
None get turned in. This follows banning hi cap mags and again, they are getting turned in but not many.

No Bump Stocks Turned In To Denver Police After Ban « CBS Denver
Good, that means only the bad guys will have them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 09:22 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If bans are 'useless' why does the NRA get all hot and bothered over it?

Maybe the posters in this thread need to let the lobbyists know not to bother fighting bans.
Why do you get all hot and bothered about things that don't concern you?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:24 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You mean it’s still ‘Murica.
Yes all of us educated, well employed, and well paid gun owners are knuckle dragging rednecks.

Does that make you FEEL better?

Nothing wrong with rednecks anyway. I'd rather spend time with them instead of the Yuppified people that live around me.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes all of us educated, well employed, and well paid gun owners are knuckle dragging rednecks.

Nothing wrong with rednecks anyway. I'd rather spend time with them instead of the Yuppified people that live around me.
I'm just glad they don't understand the word redneck is actually a compliment to us stuck behind enemy lines in the big cities.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:33 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
So if the feds pass a ban will there be sanctuary states for "assault" rifles? Is that where the law passed by my state that prohibits local and state law enforcement from "helping" the feds with enforcement of such a ban comes into play?

FEDERAL FIREARM, MAGAZINE AND REGISTER BAN ENFORCEMENT ACT – Adds to existing law to provide legislative intent; to provide certain prohibited acts regarding firearms by public employees and officers of governmental entities, to provide penalties and to establish that certain laws are unenforceable in Idaho by state and local government officials, agents or employees.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:35 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:

If you don’t like living in the civilized parts of the US, then why not move? There are plenty of barbaric areas of the US to which you could move.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:37 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm just glad they don't understand the word redneck is actually a compliment to us stuck behind enemy lines in the big cities.
When they see you with your pants pulled up and a belt they know you are there.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So if the feds pass a ban will there be sanctuary states for "assault" rifles? Is that where the law passed by my state that prohibits local and state law enforcement from "helping" the feds with enforcement of such a ban comes into play?

FEDERAL FIREARM, MAGAZINE AND REGISTER BAN ENFORCEMENT ACT – Adds to existing law to provide legislative intent; to provide certain prohibited acts regarding firearms by public employees and officers of governmental entities, to provide penalties and to establish that certain laws are unenforceable in Idaho by state and local government officials, agents or employees.
Probably but in all reality the Fed AW ban didn't really ban anything. The first ban was by name, the second by feature so we renamed stuff, then slightly modified them to still be legal to sell. There is a "AW" ban in CA and you can pick an AR-15 or AK-47 up at local stores no problem

Those nasty attorneys paid for by our dues stay one step ahead of the knucklehead politicians.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:46 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If you don’t like living in the civilized parts of the US, then why not move? There are plenty of barbaric areas of the US to which you could move.
So metro areas are civilized, and rural areas are barbaric? Wow, you have more issues than I thought. The ONLY reason I live in a metro area is for employment. When I retire it will be to some location away from any big city. If I never see another Lexus SUV, that will be a good thing.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:56 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
So metro areas are civilized, and rural areas are barbaric? Wow, you have more issues than I thought. The ONLY reason I live in a metro area is for employment. When I retire it will be to some location away from any big city. If I never see another Lexus SUV, that will be a good thing.
Good. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

May I suggest moving to rural northwest Pennsylvania? It’s like rural Alabama, but colder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies