Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 09:43 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
A show of force? Even the cowardly president split town.

You sound like you are going in order to start trouble or fight with people.

Why would you think that is a "good time"? These people are going for a peaceful protest
Does anyone really believe that?

Chicago students trash Walmart during walkout over gun violence - Story | KTVU

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
This protest like so many others will accomplish nothing.

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I've never seen a groups of "kids" make so many adults squirm, seemingly a lot of conservatives at that.

Better than just killing them and getting it over with now, instead of paying dearly later.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Yes they are "kids" but these are the same people who are expected to learn; Physics, Calculus, and Chemistry. The gun issue in America is less complex than learning about Quantum Physics.
every one of them will be taking quantum physics courses? where did you hear that?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The adults who say "these kids are so bright and intelligent, they are our future and will make REAL change". It's sad and desperate because they know that they are only children with immature brains. A lot of them will eventually grow up and do a 180 and start fighting for their rights, which will include their 2nd amendment rights. The adults that are pushing these kids come across as very desperate because the winds of change are NOT on their side. Every single day, more and more people are becoming more educated about freedom and liberty and their God-given rights. These children are naive, ignorant, and extremely uneducated in the areas of History and Life. And they are being completely exploited because of it.
There will be tens and hundreds of thousands of teens participating in these organized marches. There will also be tens of millions of teens not participating. Their views on the 2nd amendment will be many and varied and will evolve over time. We're not talking about a monolithic voting block here. They are being presented as such, as if the marchers and the kids they are interviewing on CNN represent all of teenage America, but it is not the case.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
squirm - v. To feel or exhibit signs of humiliation or embarrassment.

Yes, those who exploit children to promote political causes should definitely exhibit signs of humiliation. But yet, they don't. They seem quite pleased with themelves. And THAT is part of the problem. No shame.
This is NOT a "kids" movement. This is Democrats, Education, Democrat funding groups (teacher's UNIONS), and Bloomberg, and Soros using kids in an attempt to undermine the RIGHTS of law abiding citizens who pay their taxes to most of these groups.

When my rights are being attacked, I don't squirm, I fight back with every legal means available.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:53 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is NOT a "kids" movement. This is Democrats, Education, Democrat funding groups (teacher's UNIONS), and Bloomberg, and Soros using kids in an attempt to undermine the RIGHTS of law abiding citizens who pay their taxes to most of these groups.

When my rights are being attacked, I don't squirm, I fight back with every legal means available.
Protesting is a right. If you hurry now, you can still edit to add more buzz words to your post.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:55 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
It's the same as when Democrats and Hillary told half of America " if you aren't with us , you are a racist Nazi"

The antigun lobby is doing the same, if you arent against guns, you are a racist NRA ar15 carrying baby killer.

Let's see how that will work

Good point.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:58 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
There will be tens and hundreds of thousands of teens participating in these organized marches. There will also be tens of millions of teens not participating. Their views on the 2nd amendment will be many and varied and will evolve over time. We're not talking about a monolithic voting block here. They are being presented as such, as if the marchers and the kids they are interviewing on CNN represent all of teenage America, but it is not the case.
I agree.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:02 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Protesting is a right. If you hurry now, you can still edit to add more buzz words to your post.
This is NOT a protest. It is a government sponsored display of PARTISAN POLTICS partially funded by the American taxpayer who largely does not agree with it, yet the media tells you otherwise.

If you hurry up, maybe you can get the Constitution abolished. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies