Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 08:15 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about my right to life from an armed attacker, or multiple attackers? Don't I have the right to preserve my life, and the life of my family with a firearm that can actually do the job?

Legally owned guns owned by the law abiding don't hurt anyone. Criminals do.
There are other guns you can defend yourself besides AR-15's with 30 round magazines. For home defense consider a shotgun your chance of hitting your target when you are shaking and wetting your pants is much better than with an AR.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If law enforcement did their job the first time then the existing gun control laws would have prevented this shooter from possessing a gun and he would have been either in jail or a psychiatric facility.
How? What could they have done? There was on gun violence restraining order law in Florida, he was old enough to buy a gun there and he passed the NICS screening. I just don't understand what LE could have done to keep him from acquiring that gun.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:23 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There are other guns you can defend yourself besides AR-15's with 30 round magazines. For home defense consider a shotgun your chance of hitting your target when you are shaking and wetting your pants is much better than with an AR.
So because you disagree with my position, you have to insult me when you don't even know me? That just tells me you have no logical arguments, and want to demonize anyone who owns an AR-15. It is actually very immature, and typical of the emotional left.

I don't panic when put in difficult situations, and have been well trained to handle them in the air, and on the ground. I have shotguns for bird hunting. I actually prefer my 9MM pistol for home defense with a rifle of sole sort as a back up. Shotguns are excellent for that as well. I just prefer others. Why are semi auto shotguns OK, but semi auto AR-15's not? I can shoot a semi auto shotgun just as quickly.

I carry Home owner's insurance, and keep fire extinguishers in my home, but I am not "shaking, and wetting my pants" in fear of a house fire.

So don't DICTATE to me what type of gun I can have. That is TOTALITARIAN MARXISM.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:28 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't know how many people turned up, or if they were mainly American studying or living abroad, or what they thought they would achieve by lying down and pretending to be dead in front of US Embassies.

The whole thing was nauseating, still at least they don't role out some small child like Yolanda Renee King to speak like they did in the US , as that would be just too vomit inducing.

Thankfully the new US Embassy in London has large gates, is set back from the road and has bomb proof and sound proof glass, so I don't anyone inside was remotely bothered.

Why are people in other countries marching against our constitution? I don’t march against the British monarchy, even though I cannot believe people there still want to hand over tax money to a family that has no power because of tradition. If people of England want to do that, it’s no skin off my back.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:29 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
Quote:
They understand that kids are dying in schools, the kids from Chicago who attended the event understand that their brothers and sisters are dying in the streets. Trust me, they are not going to change their minds in 10 years and join the NRA. I protested Vietnam with what I guess you would call "less than a fully developed brain" and I don't feel one bit different about it now at 71 than I did then. You don't have to agree with them but it disturbs me when someone tries to attribute their outrage to immaturity or herd mentality.
Correct.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Because they don't offer classes in Civics or Government until kids are seniors in HS, at which point it is required per the state education code.

So these whiny idiot snowflakes marching around with the moronic signs ("guns have more rights than me", etc..which is just a retarded thing to say), have not gotten any education in this stuff, or they have gotten exactly a half a year of some instruction and education around it. And on this flimsy bare acquaintance with the principles of this nation and political philosophy they pretend to have a valid opinion on matters of governance?

Nonsense.
I think the requirement for civics classes is a state issue, not a federal one. I know it's mandatory in Florida and in California there is mandated course study in grades 1-12.

Social Studies is included in the adopted course of study for grades 1-6 and in the adopted course of study for grades 7-12. Studies are to draw from social science disciplines and provide a foundation for understanding the history, resources, development, and government of the State of California and the United States. Cal Ed Code § 33540

Old 03-25-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
So because you disagree with my position, you have to insult me when you don't even know me? That just tells me you have no logical arguments, and want to demonize anyone who owns an AR-15. It is actually very immature, and typical of the emotional left.

I don't panic when put in difficult situations, and have been well trained to handle them in the air, and on the ground. I have shotguns for bird hunting. I actually prefer my 9MM pistol for home defense with a rifle of sole sort as a back up. Shotguns are excellent for that as well. I just prefer others. Why are semi auto shotguns OK, but semi auto AR-15's not? I can shoot a semi auto shotgun just as quickly.

I carry Home owner's insurance, and keep fire extinguishers in my home, but I am not "shaking, and wetting my pants" in fear of a house fire.

So don't DICTATE to me what type of gun I can have. That is TOTALITARIAN MARXISM.
I wasn't insulting you, it's naive to think that you (or anyone) will be cool as a cucumber if someone kicks your door in and busts into your house. No one is prepared for that and it's way different than realizing your house is on fire.

But relax, I'm not dictating anything to you, I simply suggested that most people acknowledge that a shotgun, while not nearly as sexy as an AR-15. is a better weapon for home defense.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:

This is rich.

Do you know any of the kids who spoke at the march yesterday?
Willing to bet that you don’t.

Hasn’t stopped you from insulting and defaming them at every opportunity, has it?

The most immature behavior has come from those who are so threatened by these kids that they have to run them down over and over and over.
That you and others have the nerve to try to project this on others is absolutely hysterical.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:38 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
I wasn't insulting you, it's naive to think that you (or anyone) will be cool as a cucumber if someone kicks your door in and busts into your house. No one is prepared for that and it's way different than realizing your house is on fire.
Yeah you did. "Shaking, and wetting your pants" is not the same as "not being cool as a cucumber". You are lying to yourself, to me, and everyone else.

Quote:
But relax, I'm not dictating anything to you, I simply suggested that most people acknowledge that a shotgun, while not nearly as sexy as an AR-15. is a better weapon for home defense.
Most people acknowledge that they use what they shoot the best, and are trained to use. Maybe you should take an NRA Gun Safety, and defensive gun use course?

Old 03-25-2018, 08:40 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Looking at those grandstanding teens in front of a camera, all I could think of is, they sure are full of themselves.

All this attention has certainly gotten to their already egoistical heads.

One said something along the lines that the powers to be are 'shaking' with fear/unease that they will be voted out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies