Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 04:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

I know this maybe not that significant on a day of such big news stories
Summons issued to Trump in case alleging he is violating emoluments clause | TheHill

But could be another reason Trump might have to hire attorneys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 05:50 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I know this maybe not that significant on a day of such big news stories
Summons issued to Trump in case alleging he is violating emoluments clause | TheHill
But could be another reason Trump might have to hire attorneys...

Excuse me, but I think this is VERY significant. It may be a waste of time to blather about his sleazy sexual liaisons - but what could be more significant than a president in violation of the Constitution?

Thanks for posting!

Old 03-22-2018, 05:52 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Things are coming at us in such a flurry, it is impossible to keep up.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:54 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
dupe thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ause-suit.html

Old 03-22-2018, 05:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Finally!!! This has been huge for awhile, and basically ignored.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-22-2018, 05:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Finally!!! This has been huge for awhile, and basically ignored.
Nah, I caught it this morning. The prior attempt was ruled to have a lack of standing, but this new one clearly does. It should be interesting.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Excuse me, but I think this is VERY significant. It may be a waste of time to blather about his sleazy sexual liaisons - but what could be more significant than a president in violation of the Constitution?

Thanks for posting!
Yes--I think anything that gives Congress an excuse to impeach is worth pursuing if the 18 election does reduce GOP numbers in House/Senate...

The first suit was dismissed because the judge said the companies filing had no standing
It should be settled in the "political arena" ---which meant "I don't want to make anyone mad at me",
I guess...

This suit was filed in different court by two states Attorney General
Well--DC isn't actually a state--but Maryland as well---
guess it is close enough to feel the pain of lost business to Trump Hotel...

Old 03-22-2018, 05:59 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nah, I caught it this morning. The prior attempt was ruled to have a lack of standing, but this new one clearly does. It should be interesting.
I meant he has been in violation for his whole time in office, and nothing seemed to be done about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-22-2018, 07:16 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
According to the Constitution, the President and Vice President are allowed to run businesses while serving. There was a big press conference when Trump was first elected where several attorneys answered this question when the baying hounds were hoping Trump would be impeached for his business. They left with heads lowered in shame. I suggest you go to the White House youtube channel and watch it.

Aren't you Loony Leftists getting tired of being jerked around by the propaganda media dangling shiny keys in front of you? They make money from your clicks and your eyeballs, you know. They will say and do anything to make money.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
According to the Constitution, the President and Vice President are allowed to run businesses while serving. There was a big press conference when Trump was first elected where several attorneys answered this question when the baying hounds were hoping Trump would be impeached for his business. They left with heads lowered in shame. I suggest you go to the White House youtube channel and watch it.

Aren't you Loony Leftists getting tired of being jerked around by the propaganda media dangling shiny keys in front of you? They make money from your clicks and your eyeballs, you know. They will say and do anything to make money.
Left with heads lowered in shame---
Such hyperbole

The only one making money from all this is Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies