Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 03:35 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

When Trump regains his strength he's going to punish those who stuck him with this bill.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:00 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
When Trump regains his strength he's going to punish those who stuck him with this bill.
What's he going to do, throw a brick at the mirror when he's looking into it?

He could have negotiated with congress for specific items he wanted or didn't want in that bill. He chose to be hands off and let congress handle the details. He could have reviewed the details prior to signing and could have renegotiated at that point. But he signed the bill.

He's the guy at the top and the buck stops with him. Sorry, can't blame someone else. He's got all the power but he signed the bill so he could go to Mar-a-Lago for the weekend. Sad!

Last edited by sware2cod; 03-25-2018 at 04:14 PM..

Old 03-25-2018, 04:08 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
He's going to punish Paul Ryan and McConnell?

Old 03-25-2018, 04:29 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Trump just sold out all his supporters, bigly.
You forgot to say "again."

Old 03-25-2018, 04:51 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And in 2 months or less no one will remember any of this.
Right, they will be talking about the next trump disaster. Collusion and impeachment anyone? Yano, all he really has to do to avoid much of his trouble is release his taxes. There are far, far more on the left that believe he owes a fortune to russia though millions of loans - guaranteed by Putin and pals. If he released his taxes showing no connection I bet many would relent.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:10 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
This is a joke, right?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:11 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He's going to punish Paul Ryan and McConnell?
Yup they through this at his feet did you listen to judge Jeannie today she sums it all up

Old 03-25-2018, 05:34 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Pretty much.

But I'm not so sure that the Rs could have passed the bill on their own. I don't see either Ryan or McConnell giving up an inch to the Ds unless they felt forced to, and the only way they would have felt forced to is if they couldn't put a bill together with just Rs.

There's a reason why this bill was fast-tracked behind the scenes, and I think a good guess is that Ryan/McConnell DON'T want the world to know how fragmented the Rs actually are.
A substantial component of the far right really want defense cut too. Ryan probably did have to deal with the Democrats - but only because there is no unified Republican party.

The right is really going bananas because Trump did not even try the veto card. Sure ... someone probably explained the math to him and he found it easier to run for Florida.

But for that run, for not even starting to fight ... he's playing a political price that seemed to even take Rush Limbaugh by surprise.

And if Limbaugh is surprised at the backlash no doubt Trump is too and so, no doubt, down in the dumps.

I'd say, poor baby ... but then since that poor baby has his fingers where we'd rather they not be (pens, buttons) ... jeezus.

I still say the curious thing is WHY Ryan made he bill so Trump-unfriendly ... dissing him on all matters immigration.

Schumer and Pelosi may be good but magicians they are not.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:54 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
We are passed the point of claiming both parties are just the same and equally bad.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:06 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
There is talk of a line-item veto, so stay tuned for more on that. The only reason President Trump signed the bill was to assist the military. Other than that, we didn't need to spend. What this really is is the Senate just giving up on us entirely. I agree that the bill is too long and very outrageous, and I share your pain. ...
“To prevent the omnibus situation from ever happening again,” Trump said, “I’m calling on Congress to give me a line-item veto for a government spending bills.”

Don't hold your breath for there's a little problem. A Presidential line item veto has been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Presidents retain veto power, but it's all or nothing.

Now no one expects Trump to understand how the three branches of the government actually work but surely someone must have explained the basics to him. Was he not reading from prepared remarks?

So ... your President was perfectly willing to get up there and LIE to you about his plans to handle future government spending issues. Or another Omnibus Bill.

That or he is a total dumb ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies