Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 03:41 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
Expansion of unskilled H-2B labor

No wall

$718 Billion in military spending for globalist wars

No cutting of funds to sanctuary cities

Money for shumers pet projects like this ridiculous 600 million dollar tunnel

Growing government at a breakneck pace with record levels of spending

A 2300 page bill that almost no one voting on has read

There is absolutely no reason for the republican party to exist at this point if this is what they are going to accomplish with the most power they have had in 100 years .The Republican leadership is so weak. At this point who cares who wins the midterms, the Democrats are going to get what they want anyway
I was once inspired, now I'm sad and tired.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:41 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
It seems like he told Trump to sign this abomination or god forbid the pentagon wouldn't get its 10s of billions of dollars.

What a farce, this is what you get when you fill your cabinet with generals and Washington insiders, the Trump presidency is probably ****ed

So what does the pentagon do with all its fancy new toys and flush with cash, obviously they arent using any of this to patrol our southern border.

Maybe a few wars in the middle east, shooting down a Russian jet in Syria will make the world a much more exciting place. War with china over islands and disputed territory in the south china seas? A nuclear confrontation on the Korean peninsula ?

With John Bolton as your national security advisor and congress just giving the military tons and tons of new weapons and cash, the world is your oyster
I do think the whole premise of your Thread Title is misguided and inaccurate!
Trump had already been briefed on this BILL and he reassured Ryan and McConnell he would sign it. Deflecting the blame onto Mad Dog is no doubt nothing more than deflections so POTUS can't be seen as maliciously putting Government/Congress @ risk for yet ANOTHER shutdown.

It was POTUS who demanded funding to rebuild Military.. So, somehow some web sight to blame Mad Do as thinly reason POTUS signed it is simply implausible and RE-DIC-U-Lous!!

SMH~~

Old 03-23-2018, 03:42 PM

193 posts, read 92,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Your comments have nothing to do with mine.
The US was, and is, the largest, most advanced military in the world.
I agree but so what? We dont really live in a age of Prussian or Roman style conquests where we come back with booty and conquered land

We have the most advanced military in the world but we are basically being invaded on our southern border and witnessing one of the largest demographic changes in our nations history, all the while we are loading up defense contractors and the pentagon with all sorts of goodies for doing what? Patrolling Syria? Protecting the borders in the middle east.War in Korea? Against China?

We actually have money to protect middle east borders in this bill

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/976941920936185856

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
As long as we are not getting the wall any time soon give the responsibility of securing the border to the Army. Have congress authorize a buffer zone all along the border that gives exception to the posse comitatus act...say 5 miles all along the southern and northern boundaries. Make that a part of soldier's rotation. Would be a good place for soldiers coming back from the BS Oil wars to decompress and get treated for PTSD.

4,794 posts, read 2,796,788 times
Default A story of rushing to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Honestly, this country was, and is, built on having the "best" military in the world. I generally have few qualms when funding it.
Nope, that's not true. If you look @ the history, we were very unprepared for the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WWI & WWII, the Korean Conflict & Vietnam. We had a lot of firepower for the Kuwait campaign against Iraq, throwing them out of Kuwait. & we smashed the Iraqi forces in the Iraq War, & the Taliban & any forces that would stand in fight in Iraq & in Afghanistan.

The problem for the US & allies in the later two was that the irregulars would not come out & fight - they fought more of a guerrilla kind of war, with elements of urban warfare added. Iraq fractured politically, religiously, ethnically after we invaded. Afghanistan exists more as lines on a map than as what we would consider a country - all of which (in both cases) was well known to the military & intel planners & analysts. We simply overruled them, & plowed forward as if we had the mandate of heaven.

We won the Revolutionary War by the skin of our teeth. We won the Mexican American War handily - the Spanish Empire had fallen apart by 1815CE.

In Korea & Vietnam, we certainly had the logistics & firepower advantages - but we couldn't figure out how to apply them without totally incinerating the countries. On paper, it should have been a no-brainer - but on the ground, in the World, the odds were very much more lopsided against us & our intents & policy in Korea & VN than they were for us.

Last edited by southwest88; 03-23-2018 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: revise

Old 03-23-2018, 03:44 PM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,039 times
Democrats are tax and spend.

Republicans are borrow-with-interest and spend.

At least democrats are spending the money on the programs in this country.
Republicans are spending it to build walls in Tunisia, buy stuff for students in Egypt, and fund clown schools... can't make this *ish up.
Oh, and funding the black hole that is the military budget.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:48 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
The comments are brutal towards Trump. I wonder how long this anger will last, and how many will be back on the Trump train by the end of the weekend.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:48 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
This omnibus spending bill is an abomination -what is the point of voting republican anymore?
Sometimes it prevents abominations like the '09 trillion dollar stimulus fund from sailing through.
Sometimes.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:50 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The comments are brutal towards Trump. I wonder how long this anger will last, and how many will be back on the Trump train by the end of the weekend.
Just about all of us.
We haven't given up, and there is no reason to. Just because we lost a round doesn't mean the Dems have suddenly acquired new fans.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:51 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
His dad was even better.

I hope to God Rand primaries him in 2020.
In a just world with an educated populace he would have had the nomination last time.

In the reality television world we live in if he ever got close someone would just make up some dumbass nickname and toss out some 3rd grade level "i know you are but what am I" BS that some people appear to think passes for "political thought" and people would eat it up.

"Oh hes OK but I really like the flashy loud one, hes got real leadership potential" they would say. (In other words, Populism)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies