Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Give the guy a break. He wanted to go golfing in Florida. If he vetoed this he would have been stuck in Washington over the weekend. It really isn't any more complicated than that. Anyone who thinks Trump actually cares about anything outside of himself has been duped big time.

^^^^^
This x 2

It's not complicated.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:23 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Why are the Trump supporters flipping out that there is no funding for the wall when Trump promised Mexico was going to pay for it??
The check is in the mail!

Old 03-23-2018, 05:24 PM

769 posts, read 782,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
Trump didnt write this abomination, democrat and republican leaders did in secret and are adding another trillion in debt and its going to be a disaster for republicans in the midterms and 2020.
Can you conservatives ever accept that the house, the senate and the White House are controlled by Republicans and that this is a Republican bill?!

I swear, y’all would believe Fox if they reported that Hillary signed this bill today instead of Trump.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:25 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Because as per title a one party rule is pretty much a dictatorship.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
Expansion of unskilled H-2B labor

No wall

$718 Billion in military spending for globalist wars

No cutting of funds to sanctuary cities

Money for shumers pet projects like this ridiculous 600 million dollar tunnel

Growing government at a breakneck pace with record levels of spending

A 2300 page bill that almost no one voting on has read

There is absolutely no reason for the republican party to exist at this point if this is what they are going to accomplish with the most power they have had in 100 years .The Republican leadership is so weak. At this point who cares who wins the midterms, the Democrats are going to get what they want anyway
We've been telling you for years that R political leaders are hypocrites.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree with everything you said until the last line.

Our supposed 'representatives' cancel town hall to hear the voters and schedule more donor lunches and dinners. They spend enormous amounts of time calling donors personally, one-on-one, making a pitch for funding and listening to these people's concerns directly. They needs these funds to propagandize the rest of us in alliance with their donors.

The thing to do is support a constitutional amendment to take the dark money and big donations out of politics, and we can not do that without voting in sympathetic individuals.

Big money is the problem, our democracy is for sale. Historically that has always been a danger to republics and we are particularly vulnerable in this modern age with so many new ways to persuade the less aware and poorly informed.

That is the paradox ... the big money goes toward influencing our votes through propaganda, but the only civil remedy is to vote in people of integrity who would shut off the taps.

Trump really touched a nerve when he declared he was self funded (and therefore un-influenced by donors), and it animated millions in his favor, so the public will is definitely there to deal with this problem. The reality is the man later took enormous amounts of money and stopped making the claim everyone was influenced by, directing our attention to other shiny objects.

We must eliminate the dark money from our political landscape or our people's well being is in perennial jeopardy.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What happened today is Trump got owned by the Dems AND many his "own" party. They just neutered him and destroyed any chance of any thinking person ever supporting anything he wants,says or does.
Lame duck in one year, now THAT is some record!

Thank GOD I never voted for him, nor did anyone I know. He might have just made the best case ever for a 3rd party groundswell.
You didn’t vote for him, huh?

Old 03-23-2018, 05:28 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
These Dems love to criticize Trump but I sleep well at night knowing Hillary is far from the Presidency. They have no one to blame but themselves if they have a problem with him being in office.
Yanno, they come few and far between, but I've seen dems who say, they don't like Trump but they've got to give him credit where credit is due....not all dems are the same, just as repubs are not the same, you and I don't think and feel the same but...we're human beings, and we're tryin the best way we know how.

Hillary and her husband are not good people, and regardless, I'd still rather have Trump in there, but he really disappoints me at times...but we can't have it all....and he has already done a lot...but I just feel this was a very bad move on his part....

maybe I'm wrong, maybe he was thinking about the military, we won't know that....I wish he'd stop with the bragging....he opens his mouth and it's embarrassing....he represents us, just like we represent our families...our bosses...etc..but I will try and hold the course....thank you

Old 03-23-2018, 05:31 PM

267 posts, read 122,034 times
Default Coordinated effort against Trump

Well it may expire by tomorrow but have you all noticed that many “Trump supporters” are saying they are done with Trump?

Many conservative pundits and outlets are also attacking Trump.

I’m sorry but this doesn’t add up. What is their plan? Any theories?

Old 03-23-2018, 05:34 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
doubt it's coordinated. basically just wide-spread frustration that he folded without getting funding for his magical southern wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies