Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 06:30 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,435,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! The full funding for the wall was not offered in exchange for DACA initially. This new bill gave him some of the funds to at least fix the barriers that are in place now among other border security measures. Its a start and I'm thrilled that the Dems didn't get their DACA in it. Just how good of negotiators where they? They got nothing! Yet you act like this is a victory for the Dems? It was a least a partial victory for Trump.
Wow! You really see this as a victory? The Democrats got everything they wanted..except DACA..and that will come, you know it will. The Establishment Repubs got their military spending...A wall?? Have you read the relevant section of bill?

Fact check: Trump says work on his border wall starts Monday. It doesn't.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:31 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,477,802 times
Quote:
Yet you act like this is a victory for the Dems? It was a least a partial victory for Trump.
In the sense that the Titanic taking two hours to sink after it hit the iceberg was a partial victory for the captain.

And I see you too are going down with the ship.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,678,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Both parties are responsible for this abomination.
I wish there was a way for the American people to come together and change
our corrupt dysfunctional government.
It's clear to me why both parties and their media want to keep us divided, distrusting, and alienated from each other.
There's a way to start.

Join the efforts to roll back the Citizens United decision.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,435,349 times
Quote:
As I said, it's a start and I know it just kills you anti-wall, open borders types. It never was Trump's wall in the first place. It was for the 700 miles of wall that congress already approved of in 2006 called the Secure Fence Act.
HuH? I'm not open borders at all..I'm just anti-boondoggle Wall. I have no problem at all with the funding to maintain and upgrade our existing border security. But seriously, Trump got nothing for his wall..the bill was written to deny him..why else specifically exclude his proposed starting spot?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 PM

62,712 posts, read 28,915,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
It was a victory for them, they got all of their pet projects funded except for DACA, while the country got screwed by both the Dems and republicans.

There should be no money for the wall until they implement e-verify, but they won’t because while they protest they love the cheap labor.

Their largest desire was DACA and they didn't get it, lol. As for e-verify it was the Dems who voted it down the last time. It was supposed to be in Trump's budget bill. I'll bet they took it out again. Why would we have to implement e-verify first? Criminals, terrorists and the drug cartels aren't looking for jobs.

I'm all for e-verify but unless we deny their kids birthright citizenship and benefits they'll still continue to come here, thus the wall. It's already proven to work where the good walls are already in place so I don't get why you people are opposed to it. I've already debunked your claims that it's too expensive to build also. Those who don't want the wall are either bleeding heart liberals, hire illegal aliens for profit or have ethnic ties to illegal aliens. You guys fool no one.

https://amac.us/dems-block-gop-bills...al-immigrants/

Old 03-23-2018, 06:36 PM

51,614 posts, read 25,661,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Yeah Pence is so skeevy. He tries to always act innocent as if no one tells him anything. He is a liar.
I watched him lie though his hat at the VP debate. Shake his head as if it was sad he had to point this or that out.

The guy's a worm.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:36 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,638,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Deep down, he knows that such a monument would be like the Berlin Wall, which became an object of scorn and eventually rubble. It'd become a millstone around his neck if it was ever fabricated. This is more about talk and votes, then actually building the damned thing. It doesn't have to be built to achieve the desired effect. Wake up and open your eyes to what's really going on.
Sorry Thoreau, but a border wall dividing America from Mexico is in no way similar to the Berlin Wall. The Berlin Wall cut one country in half. A border wall would simply place a barrier between one country and another country. To totally different things in every possible way imaginable other than the fact that they would both be....walls. However, I do agree that this was quite possibly more about votes than actual intentions. But with that being said, your comparison here is completely of base.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:37 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,436,370 times
Trump doesn't care about the wall...he just wants to skip town and golf over the weekend

Old 03-23-2018, 06:38 PM

23,173 posts, read 12,286,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Try reading the two or three threads about Trump signing the budget bill.

Not to mention the usual right-wing media "pundits".
Where are the "many “Trump supporters” are saying they are done with Trump?", like the OP is claiming? I don't see "many" saying that they are done with him.

We aren't allowed to disagree with something he says or does? Just because we disagree does not mean that we are done. Just because the obama supporters stuck up for him, no matter what, doesn't mean we will do the same.

Send daca home. Stop illegals by having soldiers patrol the border (a wall of soldiers, they aren't made out of concrete, lol)

Old 03-23-2018, 06:38 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,088,066 times
So is Mattis going to be the scapegoat for this one? Not buying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies