Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 05:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

They’ll be back in Trump’s fold by tonite. Pay this blip no mind.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:58 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I think they figured why make such a big compromise now, when we will get the majority in November we can do DACA and full amnesty without any wall. I bet their candidates run on that in November.
I'm betting Democrats will run on 'Impeach Trump."

But you are correct in that DACA can be dealt with at a later date.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:05 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You can't impeach a President for signing a bill that was passed by Congress, and one that contained mostly what Democrats wanted.

The DemocRATS stuffed this bill with a lot of unnecessary spending ...funding Planned Parentood ...why does PP need government funds? They also continued funding for "sanctuary cities," which should be cut off, and they did not increase the number of ICE agents as President Trump wanted.

It's disgusting what the DemocRats support.
The democrats cannot write a bill, you must control the house to write a bill and is the party who controls the senate that controls how a bill gets brought up to a vote there. So this was the Republicans bill, also signed by Trump a Republican president.

Own it this bill wouldn’t have been created nor passed without the Republican led House,Senate and President.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All the lefty tech, silicon Valley, etc., CEOs.

They'd much rather underpay foreigners than pay Americans a commensurate wage.
You are the Textbook definition of a blind follower. The H2b visas are not used by lefty Silicon Valley types, that would be the h1b visa. The h2b visa benefits trump and those like him who own golf courses. As a matter of fact his property had already formally requested an increase in the number it could hire. But I guess it’s easier for you to rip on “lefties” regardless of the facts. It’s no shock this appeared in the bill, trump has ALWAYS been about enriching himself.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:31 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You can't impeach a President for signing a bill that was passed by Congress, and one that contained mostly what Democrats wanted.

The DemocRATS stuffed this bill with a lot of unnecessary spending ...funding Planned Parentood ...why does PP need government funds? They also continued funding for "sanctuary cities," which should be cut off, and they did not increase the number of ICE agents as President Trump wanted.

It's disgusting what the DemocRats support.
Clearly you have never been to PP. Perhaps you can read their website. They don't just abort teenagers.

How is it that any of this, and the forthcoming huge deficits, is the Dems when the Republicans control Congress and the Presidency ?

Perhaps it's time to admit that the two party system does not serve the average tax paying American.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Why do we care what these entertainers think?

Drumming up some PR for themselves.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:35 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm betting Democrats will run on 'Impeach Trump."

But you are correct in that DACA can be dealt with at a later date.
True. There have been at least two (that I know of) lower court decisions that enjoined President Trump's order concerning DACA, and in late February the Supreme Court declined to hear cases by the White House seeking to have those decisions overturned.

As such, those that here under the DACA criteria are not, and will not, be in danger of deportation for quite a long time (although no new applications for permits to remain under DACA are being accepted; those that had permits will be able to renew them).

As to running on the issue of 'impeaching Trump': that, in my opinion, would be unwise for many Democrats seeking to overturn seats in the House or Senate.

So, of course, that is probably exactly what they will do.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:43 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Maybe the back door promise from the (D) leaders was that if the Pres. signs the Budget then they'll stop with the impeachment threats. Even if that is the case, which I doubt, I surely wouldn't trust them to stick to their word. There are simply too many loons in the Democratic party.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
You are the Textbook definition of a blind follower. The H2b visas are not used by lefty Silicon Valley types, that would be the h1b visa. The h2b visa benefits trump and those like him who own golf courses. As a matter of fact his property had already formally requested an increase in the number it could hire. But I guess it’s easier for you to rip on “lefties” regardless of the facts. It’s no shock this appeared in the bill, trump has ALWAYS been about enriching himself.
H2B visas are used to keep wages down.

Trump says he can't find American workers to work at the wages he pays. Hence he needs to import foreigners who will work for a low wage.

Employment agencies say they have an abundance of workers who would work at his resorts and golf courses. No mention of wage problems.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
True. There have been at least two (that I know of) lower court decisions that enjoined President Trump's order concerning DACA, and in late February the Supreme Court declined to hear cases by the White House seeking to have those decisions overturned.

As such, those that here under the DACA criteria are not, and will not, be in danger of deportation for quite a long time (although no new applications for permits to remain under DACA are being accepted; those that had permits will be able to renew them).

As to running on the issue of 'impeaching Trump': that, in my opinion, would be unwise for many Democrats seeking to overturn seats in the House or Senate.

So, of course, that is probably exactly what they will do.
I'm not sure that they will put "Impeach Trump" on their web sites and bumper stickers.

However, I suspect it will be the subtext of every campaign for Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies